Pro circuit works pipe Rust

BB007

Apr 4, 2002
Hi, I just installed a pro circuit works pipe on my bike a week ago. Boy did it give the bike and me a kick in the rear. My only regret is I should have got the platinum pipe instead of the works pipe. The reason is the works pipe gets rust on it if the bike is not washed soon after riding. Does anybody else notice this and how do you take care of this problem. I know somebody is going to tell me to just wash the bike but after you rode all day and drive 3 hrs. to get home you don't feel like washing the darn thing for a day or two. Thanks for any suggestions.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
lightly spray it with WD40 after it cools down to stop the oxidation. do this after washing too.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Any rust spots you can scrub off with a wire brush. you can also use some Mothers with a rag to remove it since the pipe is really new. The nickel coated pipes are what to get for offroad use.

Like said, always have WD40 handy after washing.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I've heard the best way to remove rust is some mag-wheel cleaner and a scotch-brite pad (Bubba Stewart's mechanic does it). But washing it and applying WD-40 soon after helps to prevent it.

lightsts

Jul 8, 2002
There is a product called Boeing Shield T-9 that you can buy at boat stores. Was originally used to coat the insides of aluminum aircraft bodies. It goes on wet but after the carrier evaporates it leaves a wax like finish that is bullet proof. Will hold up for years except where it gets burned off. Just recoat bad areas after riding. WD-40 only hold up a couple weeks. T-9 is great for storage. Works great on boats in salt water, so a bike in the garage is no problem.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I am told boeing uses lubriplate lps and lp1 its a little cheaper than b-s t-9, all god products though

Top Bottom