crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Pro-Wheel Rims,Pic Added

Has anyone had any experience using these rims? if so what did you think? They have a lifetime warr from what I heard from the guy @ rimsplus.net. The price is right especially when I just needed a stock rim....It's not like i'm blistering it up like a pro. :ride:

and for all of you ready to make a stab at me cause I'm 28yrs old and ride a YZ85,maybe my bike could use them with my 145 pound arse.. :moon: let'em fly......

Crazy4nitro.

Last edited:

B

biglou

I'm going to order a set with HD spokes for my TTR in a week or so. I can report back after I get them laced up, which may take me a while...

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I see pro-wheel rims every where all the time around here mainly cause they are based out of WA like 14 miles from my house. I personally have never used them but I know many of friends who are tougher on wheels than I am who do with no real un ordinary issue's. I even used to occasionally rap with the owners son who was a local pro but I don't seem him ridding no more? The general opinion is they are just as good as excel's better than stock. I know some people seem to have a bad taste in thier mouth bout them cause not that long ago a bad batch of rims went around I'm sure that issue was solved at least they got free replacements. I guess the company that manufacture's them for pro-wheels didn't weld them right so they was seperating! so I heard but I've never seen a toasted one.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
BigLou,
I ordered a set of blue Pro-Wheels (rims only)for $125.00 shipped....
Thats cheaper than the stock rear rim that I priced from Yamaha.
I've never laced a wheel b-4 but I'm gonna tackle this head on.
I'll post some b-4 and after pics,it should look good.

Crazy

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
I received the rims today. Very nice looking and fast shipping.

If I dont get my Dirtrider.net decals soon I might have to put the Rimsplus.net sticker on that came in the box with the rims. :fft:

Does anyone have any advice as to using the spoke torque wrench? or shall I just be reasonable about tighening the spokes.

Crazy

Bullwinkle58

Apr 23, 2004
The best advice i've heard reguarding spokes is "spokes don't get tightened, they get snugged."

Some people like to use oil on the threads so they don't corrode to the nipple.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
A person I was talking to said that anodized rims are easy to scratch. should I buy the rim protectors and good tire irons or just let the shop install the tires?

Crazy

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Pic Added

Hello All,
I have my wheel laced up. It was real easy,I took pics to help me with the pattern.(recommended)I also replaced the bearings and seals.

What do you think about the color of the hub?
I changed the color to look more trick.

Crazy4nitro

Attachments

• DSCN4048.JPG
    DSCN4048.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Bump..

C-mon,anybody?
I know theres some people with anodized rims out there?

Crazy

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I have black anodized rims and I change my own tires. I use long tire irons that are old, cheap ones. The best advise is to go slowly and carefully when mounting the tire. I have more scratches from rock dings than from tire changing. By the way, nice job on the wheel! Looks great!

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Alright I bought two tire irons and some "tire mounting lube" from my dealer after they couldn't mount the tire on the spot. I grabbed a five gallon bucket and went after it. As far as the lube they might have seen me coming but it worked very well so I don't care..I got out of it with very few scratches (like two minor ones) so I'm glad I tackled it. The key was #1) not going past vertical #2) Taking my time. #3) little bites at a time....

One cool thing that happened was when I was at a critical point where I couldn't let go my two year old son walked over and wanted a kiss :ohmy: so I had to balance on the rim/tire and figure a way to lean down..it was cool

Special Thanks to all the reading on here and all the tips guy/gals..

Crazy

P.S. I didn't use gold paint on my hub. :rotfl: (someone e-mailed me)
I dunked it in a chemical used to treat aluminum,if anyone is interested let me know....

B

biglou

My shop has my wheels. They are taking my stock TTR wheels with tires and are going to lace up both rims for me along with the spokes, remove and remount the tires, for $50 per wheel. I said, "they're all yours!" I'll post pics when I get mine back, too.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Latest Pic with the Pro-wheel rims laced up.

I also installed Pro Tapers with Pro Taper Grips.

Now time to lose the FMF on the front fender for the Dirtrider.net decal Okie sent..

Crazy4nitro

Attachments

• DSCN4126.JPG
    DSCN4126.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 298
  • DSCN4127.JPG
    DSCN4127.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 292

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Bling! Looks good! I think my next bike will have a set of red rims. I need a change!

B

biglou

My shop is so draggin ass on getting my wheels laced. Theyre really cheap, and thats why, I guess! It's for my TTR, so, no real biggie, but I cant wait to see it finished! Supposedly another week or so. We shall see...

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
BigLou your gonna like this,besides the time I spent sandblasting the hub and changing the color I bet it took like 20 mins to remove the rim from the hub(using my dewalt) and like 40 to lace and true the new rim(for each wheel) I built a truing stand from scrap 2x4's and drywall screws..

BUT for $50 per wheel is a good deal.....but the wait is killing you I bet...

B

biglou

Funny thing, my back rim never came in, was/is on backorder. I took my wheels home and the new front rim, laced it up, am one nipple short (got a friend going to help me out here), but I can't put my tire back on until then. Otherwise, my first wheelbuilding experience went very well.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Mine too,I'm glad I did it vs. paying someone..

Looks good Lou.

Crazy

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Check above post #4..

Crazy

CRkev

Mar 19, 2004
be careful with chemicals!!

You guys with the anodized rims be real careful with chemicals when you wash your bike. I cant remember the names, but certain things will fade the color on your wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't use anything harsh such as solvents. Maybe someone else can be more specific on this, I can't remember!!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
+30 said:
purple power is a no no . :yikes: found out the hard way.

Yep! :yikes:

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Hmm, Good to know...Thx...

Top Bottom