Probably out rest of this season!

Gibby

Dec 8, 2004
Went out to second race this year and didn't even make it a whole lap in practice. I was going a little faster than I had planned to and cased a huge up hill triple. I usually double it but I was on my new bike and all and was going way faster than I thought. Anyhow I ended up with both bones in my ankle broke and my socket shattered. Fun fun. I got 4 pins screwed in my leg and foot being held together with some carbon fiber rods. I go back in about 2 weeks to get that stuff out and get plates and screws. Doc say I won't walk for atleast 10 weeks. So now the only thing I can do is sit in front of this computer and stay up all frigging night cuz I sleep all day!

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Sorry to hear about the accident. Start playing cards online, when I had my knee done last year it helped. Or race mx vs atv unleashed on msn games. Good luck with the healing process and try not to lose your mind.

Gibby

Dec 8, 2004
Thanks guys. I already play poker online, now I play MORE lol. I actually had someone give me $25 to play with. I am a member on his forum but still thought that was a nice thing to do. Being the beginning of the year and all this sucks. I just started racing last year won 250C , and the first race I did pretty good in the B class(led first 3 laps) I was anxious to have a good season.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I did something quite similar in 95. Metal plate and 8 screws in ankle. Sitting around and being so dependant on someone else will drive you nuts......but hang in there. Mine healed well, did my therapy (writing the abc's in the air with my toes) and it's all good now. Made me invest in real good boots. Sidi Force have super ankle support.

Gibby

Dec 8, 2004
I have 661 boots, they have good support in them I think the way I landed It wouldn't of mattered what boots I was wearing.(I still can't remember if my foot had slipped off the peg or what). I have been trying to get around and do stuff for myself. The nurse said he sure isnt helpless. But yea some stuff sucks depending on someone else for. Thanks for the inspiration cuz right now it feels like it will never be the same.

Top Bottom