Proud New KDXer with some Questions

fundgh

Feb 17, 2005
I have joined the green team with my purchase of a 2001 KDX 220 and I am super stoked about it :aj: Now I have to make the bike my own, and I am hoping you all can give me some support. First, the bike is a bit high, and I need to get it lower. What is the proper sag setting supposed to be? Should I cut the foam out of the after market seat, or find a stock seat (which will be lower). How do I set up the suspension for my weight? I was told that the FMF pipe is a Torque pipe, but how can I identify it? Tire pressure? Is the 13/49 gearing good for trail riding? What is the proper way of washing the air filter, and what product is the best to apply on it? Many Q's...I have the original owner's manual but it is not that much help. I will have to get a repair manual and start going through it. Any suggestions for personalizing it would be appreciated! :cool:

fundgh

Feb 17, 2005
Maybe I was looking in the wrong place (KDXposed) but there was limited setup information. I already have the Racetech springs installed, the FMF pipe/silencer combo, RB carb work, Boysen Reed, etc. But I need to know how to adjust the sag for my low slung arse and if it is better to cut down the aftermarket "high" seat, or to find a stock seat, and modify it.

fundgh

Feb 17, 2005
There appears to be a part number on the mounting tab. I take it the circumfrence you speak of is at the largest point. I will check that.

fundgh

Feb 17, 2005
When adjusting my sag, where do I measure? What is an expected measurement? If the answer includes: "between the axle and the fender" , this bike has a MX style rear fender.

Top Bottom