Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Okie,

I noticed that with the new web-based e-mail, I still get my greenhorn@dirtrider e-mails automatically forwarded on to my other e-mail address. Is there a way I can change that? Now that we have the web-based thing I no longer need e-mails forwarded. Thanks in advance.

Additional question;

I played around and sent myself an e-mail to the drn account. I noticed that after 5 min, I still hadn't received the new e-mail in my inbox. Is there something else I need to set up in order for it to work properly? Thanks

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'll remove the forward.
There may be an issue with sending e-mail to yourself, will check into it.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Thump
Get to it after the Holidays big man. you are banned till then :aj:

Most definately! :thumb:

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
I tried to set up the email and had no luck. Every time I try to log in it says that the administrator needs to set up something. I have sent 2 pms to Okie and have gotten no response am I doing something wrong?

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I think there is an issue with receiving e-mails.  I don't get any in my account but I can send from it.

I'm probably the issue, that's why I can't figure it out... :think:

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
I realize you have to wait for them to set things up. I set the email up the begining of Dec.. Okie please Help.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I'm having the same problems. I'm sure Okie's working on it. Probably pulling his hair out, too.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I am still having problems as well. I can send e-mails, but don't receive any. Let me know when you have a free moment to look at it Okie. Thanks...

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by slo' mo
I think there is an issue with receiving e-mails.  I don't get any in my account but I can send from it.

I'm probably the issue, that's why I can't figure it out... :think:

Same here slo'mo.  Maybe I'm still on double super secrete probation.

ktmzak

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 2002
I also cannot login to my drn email account, I signed up but never received a confirmation email to my "regular" address. Can anyone help?

Here is the error message:

We're sorry, your account is currently disabled so you are unable to use this service. If you have just registered and the operators of DRN Mail require user validation, your account will not be functional until they activate it. You will be notified by email () when your account is activated.

I registered well over 30 days ago... :ugg:
thanks,

Last edited:

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
That is the same thing that happens to me. I also registered over 30 days ago doesnt any one know what is going on?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Ahhh guy's give the man a break! He knows that the DRN accounts are hurting, you don't need to remind him. He is busting his behind to keep this place going. If all that suffers is an e-mail account I'm happy!

An e-mail account is a really small price to pay considering the ammout of information available on this place....I would advise all to suck it up and enjoy what you have. I know that I do!

Give it some time, Okie isin't sitting idle. The guy has a family too and a life to live so cut him some slack and don't think of him as some computer. He isn't and can only deal with problems as we do. :thumb:

Thank's Guy's!

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
I just wanted to know what was up. I love this site and when the subscription came up I went for it. Then one of the benifits was an email forward , wow this is cool I can be curtis@dirtrider.net instead of a lousy hotmail address.I then saw that I could have my email right here instead of logging onto Hotmail wow this is even cooler I could tell my wife Im checking my email not just browsing the forums ;) But then it didnt work and I sent a couple of msgs but didnt get a response. So I started to look for clues in other places on this site for a reason but I couldnt find any so I went back to the subscriber forum and tried to find out why and if anyone else was having the same problem. Irish, Thank you for responding. :) Okie sorry to put pressure on you, take your time. Thank you for this great site :thumb:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by IrishEKU
Ahhh guy's give the man a break! He knows that the DRN accounts are hurting, you don't need to remind him. He is busting his behind to keep this place going. If all that suffers is an e-mail account I'm happy!

I agree, but I think what most of us are asking is for a little feedback. I don't know if I can speak for everyone, but I just want to know how it's coming. I am not particular on the "when is it" but just what the problem is. If it's that Okie just hasn't had time...that's cool. If it's that the program has a serious flaw and it's not going well...that's understandable. Or whatever the answer might be. I am not trying to nag or demand that MY problem be taken care of RIGHT NOW. Just looking for any answer so that I can atleast know what's up. Is that fair enough Okie? Thanks :thumb:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Sounds reasonable to me. I'd like to know what's up, too.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Thanks for the update. :cool:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I too had the same issues, set up smb@dirtrider.net and could send yet no receiving. I was advised to set up another email using my actual forums name smb_racing@dirtrider.net and never received a confirmation email and it's still innactive :(
I'm not so worried about it, but all my AMA rapid response emails were being sent to smb@dirtrider.net

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I have registered for my Dirtrider.net e-mail. I try to log in and it says thank you for logining in then goes to the screen you will be notified when your account is activated. Am I doing something wrong as I registered about a month ago. I probably missed some step. Should I reregister? :think:
Also I sorry if this has been covered already.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
I'm working on it! I promise!
The software is written by a third party.. who I've been hammering with these issues. An upgrade is promised. Will advise.

I tested it (extensively) and it worked perfectly ... go figure.

Thank you very much for the update. That's all I was looking for. If you need anything from us (STM's and Subsrcibers) let us know. Maybe a case of Tylenol for your headaches...or maybe we could all get together and kick someone's ass that works for this 3rd party software company. ;) :yeehaw:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think Green Horn ment a lifetime supply of Preparation H in his case! :)

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Thanks for the update Okie

Top Bottom