Question: White Apparel with Dirt?

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
For the past year I've been searching for some new MX clothes to hit me and be like "I must get that!" Finally, I found the ones I wanted!!
The new Thor Paranormal is amazing, and I was surprised that Thor (my favorite company) made some cool looking styles. Well my dad said the white is gonna get really dirty, really fast--can I ride with this and still keep them looking white or just off white easily?

http://www.locomx.com/2010-Thor-Core-Jersey-Pant-Combo-p/2010-thor-combo-core-paranorma.htm

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Is that stuff from Thor's new Hopeless Poser line? :whoa:

Scotchguard applied to the outer surfaces when new will keep that gear as butt ugly and gay looking as the day you bought it. :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hope you have matching GWB's to go with that. It's not mystyle but then again I'm not fast enough to pull off that look. :)

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
Haha thanks for the help guys. Kinda disappointed with the answer, but let's re-read that first pose and imagine its not that product-what should I do?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
The white will be hard to keep clean, stay away from mud. The butt will always have a brown streak.

We always keep a bottle of Shout with us, as soon as we are done riding/racing everything is sprayed down. Still it's white...white mx gear and dirt don't really mix.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
OxyClean works great too but if they get real muddy/dirty make sure you wash them as soon as possible or at least rinse them off.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
redneckbillybob said:
way to slam the kid guys
I believe it was the gear and not the kid that got slammed.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
BBking25 said:
let's re-read that first pose

If you'll re-read the first reply you'll find an accurate and workable answer to your GWG dilemma.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
BBking25 said:
... but let's re-read that first pose and imagine its not that product-what should I do?
Listen to your dad.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Patman said:
I believe it was the gear and not the kid that got slammed.

Correct - GWG. My son has two sets of GWB's and his new 09 gear has more white than green. I always kid him about his choice of color. So, if you want an opinion about something please expect some brutal opinions.

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
Uchytil said:
So, if you want an opinion about something please expect some brutal opinions.

I find it interesting that I just don't care and y'all are still explaining yourselves haha. I really just wanted an answer...I know it looks really really gay/funky/weird/retarded but I like it. If y'all don't you may proceed to "slam" me but I hope y'all feel tough picking on a poor lil kid like me :( hahaha

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
Dude I went wakeboarding in my old high school uniform. Shirt, tie, pants. Great memories. I think we're gonna do it again in our cap and gown if I still have it....

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
who cares anyhow, it's your cleaning bill....

Hey BBKING25. Porkchop here, How are ya pal? It's really clear how much punishment you're wiling to put up with just to wear what ever the hell you want, honestly it don't make a hill a beans worth of difference to me. During the winter months in the so cal deserts, the only color I wear is black due to the fact that any sun light is going to help keep me warm & our deserts get quite cold. (I do accept that any one in the northeast or the mid west or alaska laughs at us southwesterners that think we know what cold is). But we get to ride through out or winters. Lighter gear is great when it's warm but serves no benefit when it's not.
John O'Mara is the only rider I have known that ran all white gear & kept it clean, For most of his career. Oh yea, there was one race...... The Mid Ohio U.S.G.P.& also a 125 National That put Mr. O' SHOW in the spot light, when he won on a Mugen support ride. That race was a huge mud & slop fest that was anything but clean, with the exception of John's skill, determination& superb athletic ability.
Wear what ever you want & ride well pal. Best Regards, Porkchop... :p

Last edited:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Rich Rohrich said:
Is that stuff from Thor's new Hopeless Poser line? :whoa:

Scotchguard applied to the outer surfaces when new will keep that gear as butt ugly and gay looking as the day you bought it. :cool:
Hey Rich, will that Scotchguard stuff work on the inside of clothing?

kx250rider805

Dec 4, 2009
I've never had white gear, but all of my jerseys back in the 80s were on white heavy cotton, but had screenprinting all over so as you wouldn't see how stained they'd get. Mud + oil + chainlube + premix + sweat = anything but white. But you know what: who cares? You're not going on a job interview in it... unless you get a call from the FMX guys. Like the earlier post said, just be sure you wash it soon, and use whatever detergent says it works on grease & mud. The only thing that looks out-of-place at the track is a squeeky-clean set of gear anyway ;)

Charles

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
similar co-ordinates

hey kz250reider805, porkchop here, we live near each other & do similar riding.
contact me & trade info, privately please. Best Regards, Porkchop. :cool:

Top Bottom