XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
I need a pair of Goggles and Boots and I am looking at the Alpinestars Tech 6S boots(RED) and the Scott No Sweat 3 goggles(RED). I was wondering if anyone has these and could tell me if they are a good choice or not? What are good and bad about these? Thanks Matt

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Don't know about the boots, but you can't really go wrong with Scott goggles, they are all that I use. I like the fit, and the construction is first-rate.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'll throw in my vote for Scott goggles too. I've got the No sweatIII, and I like them. They are based on the standard 89 lens.

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Thanks for the replies guys. I can't get the boots, I went back to the website and they are youth boots so they don't have them in my size. Thanks again Matt

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I haven't found a pair of goggles yet that I like. But I dislike 89's the least :).

Tech 6's are good boots. Comfortable enough, even to walk in, and the protection I would rate as very good. They did take quite a while to break in but I'll probably get another pair when these wear out.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
The No Sweats are great. I have two pair. To make them better yet, install a Scott's turbo flow lens, too. I like yellow. That makes them sweat proof and fog proof. Make sure you run tear off's to protect the expensive lens, though. You'll have to cut the top of the tear off's off so the vents on the turbo flows are not blocked. Sounds like a lot of work but it's really worth it.

Oh, one more thing. When cleaning the inside of the lens, use a very soft cloth. They're very easy to scratch on the inside.

Boots are an ongoing thing for me. I've got tech 7's, 2 pairs of tech 8's, fox formas, Sidi Flex Force SRS and Rainbow Diadora's right now. They all wear poorly, IMO. Well, the Diadora's are still in the box and I won't use them until spring so I'm not sure on those, yet. They look well made, though.

All the boots I have are very comfortable and supportive but I only get about a year of use out of them.

jackie g

Jun 17, 2001
cant go wrong with the Scotts make sure you get the no sweat version. just bought a pair of AXO RC-5 took three to five rides at my local track to get them broke-in, but now I love them. they ran me about 200 bones.

Top Bottom