MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Sounds like you guys have the worse behind you now. I've always been told days 3 thru 7 are the toughest. Not sure how true that is but......
Keep on keeping on :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Rooster said:
Still smoke free! We were at WalMart yesterday, and it was amazing how I could walk by someone and smell the cig smoke on them. Craziness. It's kinda funny how I notice things like that.
Hopefully you refrained from licking the ones you could smell smoke on :yikes:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Both of my daughters came home from Grandmas house smelling of putrid smoke sunday. "Hi ladies.......get your ass in the tub NOW!" LOL!

The temptation is still there, but it's not half as bad as the first few days. It still hasn't been deprogramed from the brain though. After meals, sex, and a few other occasions, it still pulls on you.......

Thanks again to everyone who encouraged me and made me laugh when I was chewing gum like a crackhead!

Keep it up OldassKDX! You can do it!

YZ165

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
The roommate had a cigarette today. I really wanted one, maybe would have gone for it, but the cravings are cutting down, and I know I'd never hear the end of it from you guys. I've found that the initial urge is the worst, and if I can "just say no" I forget about it soon enough. Bonus points to MXSparx to quoting one of my favorite songwriters for inspiration.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
well - i haven't had a smoke since i first posted to this thread (last Wednesday i think). It hasn't been too difficult yet. I can tell you one thing - Rooster is right - them damn smokers stink!!! Never noticed it while i was smoking (but hey -i know i didn't stink)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Okay now... new rule. No one posting in this thread get's to become one of those "I used to smoke a-holes!" lol!

Besides, if I can't smell the smoke, I just have to smell the BO and crappy over-applied cologne/perfume. So there. :laugh:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Okiewan said:
Okay now... new rule. No one posting in this thread get's to become one of those "I used to smoke a-holes!" lol!

Man, no kidding, I know some ex-smokers that got all "holier than thou" once they quit. :bang: They are horrible about making quite audible comments in public when they see someone smoking.....

"what a filthy habit...."
"how disgusting...."
"I can't breathe...."

Just makes me want to choke them :pissed:

Sparx - days 3 thru 7 did seem to be the worst.

Oldguy - LOL, I never thought of licking them..... :ohmy:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Okiewan said:

If anyone here used to smoke a-holes ... i just do not want to hear about it!

i mean come on - cigarettes are bad enough. :laugh:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Okiewan said:

Okie, I think that comment was directed toward me........... :think:

I'm not trying to be an anus, just trying to give a fellow dirtbiker a little encouragement.

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
It's tough to quit. Someone who hasn't gone through it doesn't know how the cravings work.

I admire anyone who has the guts to quit. It's easy to put it off till next week. I put it off till next week for 28 years.

Keep at it guys. We're rooting for you.

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Dooods.... I figured it out. I was going to wait until the first of the year to quit but I decided to quit early. I got a full blown case of pneumonia over the weekend (see earlier post: roadtrip to Portland). Just about croaked until I got my own little green bottle of oxygen with wheels. I'm done smoking. I don't recommend this method as it is truly hell but it worked for me.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Nice plan DahlElama! Congrats on quiting!

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Darn I just bought a carton in Mexico for 1$/pack. But - when they are gone, I am done.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
Good luck, I quit a couple of years ago after many attempts, the biggest difference was that on the last one, I really really just found smoking to be annoying more than anything and really wanted to quit, I went cold turkey with no problems. I just had to tell my smoking friends to piss off when they kept trying to force one on me, it seems that people that smoke don't ever want someone else to quit.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
So far so good, as of midnight tonight, 17 days. Thanks to everyone who helped me on the way!

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I think I'm a non smoker now! About a week ago my rrommate insulted my manhood and suggested a smoke with some Bailey's and coffee. I figured "what the hell, one cigarette won't kill me" yeah, I know, I know....anyway, I took one drag of the thing and it tasted like the spooge out of a silencer......or worse location. Put the thing out immediately and haven't had cravings since.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Good job gang. Keep it up! Not smoking that is.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Guys, I have been following this thread and I am really rooting for everyone to succeed.

As I have said before, stopping smoking the best thing you can do for yourself.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
Guys, I have been following this thread and I am really rooting for everyone to succeed.

stopping smoking the best thing you can do for yourself.

:yeehaw: :yeehaw: I totally agree. :yeehaw:

Way to go everyone. :cool:

Top Bottom