Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Well, it looks like we are getting quite the "been there, done that" support team for those of you quitting on the 1st of the year. We are here for you guys.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Thats cool, cuz some of us (read me) are going to need all the help we can get ;)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
You can do it MXSparx, so can everyone else. Good luck to you all. Let us know if there is anything we can do. YZ165

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Got my perscription in hand and the nicotine patches on the way. Shooting for the first!! Start on the pills Christmas Day. Wish me luck.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
I'm done starting now! Been chewing for a long time, just dumped the can. I also just moved to Texas where the evil stuff was originated, they have spitunes in the reasturants lol. Hey Bob, if I quit you have to, you can't let an ex Cali boy out do you.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
BillyWho said:
Hey Bob, if I quit you have to, you can't let an ex Cali boy out do you.

Sez an ex Cali to a soon to be ex Okie.

I wish 100% success to everyone in becoming tobacco free.

It has been a real struggle here in Dallas to get our restaurants tobacco free. The patch just doesn't work and we can't figure out where to shove the pill. :laugh:

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Well? Sure quiet in this thread. Been almost two days and no smoking for me. This is the longest I have went without a cigarette in over 35 years! One day at a time. If I can do it, I know anybody can! Let's hear how all of you are comming along. If you can type in this state. :bang:

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I'm still holding fast! Don't really get the urges anymore, though I thought I might out for new year's. Tomorrow I start working with a classroom full of seventh graders, so its probably good I quit early. I'll have enough stress as is. I wish everyone the best of luck who waited for the first.....chime in and tell us all how its going.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Dec 31 at 11:40 pm... last one.
Dying here, lol., but!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Keep up the good work Okie and Plykins, we're all rooting for you! And anyone else who jumped on this wagon. You guys can all do it, if I can..............YZ165

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Okiewan said:
Dec 31 at 11:40 pm... last one.
Dying here, lol., but!

The dying only lasts so long. Then you feel alive again! :aj:

Congrat's, Okie and Plykins!!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I failed :( I guess the monkey on my back is stronger than I thought

oh the shame!!!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
MXSparx said:
I failed :( I guess the monkey on my back is stronger than I thought

oh the shame!!!

Start again NOW You can beat it.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
You can do it, Sparx, git 'er done. I know it's tough as hell. We're all pulling for you!

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
5 weeks ago yesterday a few friends in chat convinced me to quit smoking, thanks to them i have been sucessfull and havent smoked or cheated one time in 30 days.

Thank you to all of you who supported me in breaking a 22 year 2-1/2 pack a day habit.

To those of you who tried to quit but have failed, keep trying, you only have your life to lose.

Richard

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Congrats IW! It's not easy, I"ll give you that. But you feel so much better once you're free of the "bad things" ...keep it up and you know where you can always come for support!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Outstanding Rich!

As for Sparks..........Never quit quitting. You can do it.

YZ165

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
My wifes Grandmother died last night 1/5/05 of emphesema (sp?) and respiratory failure from years of smoking. She struggled for every last breath and ended up on oxygen and taking asthma type medication just so she could breathe. The last few weeks were really a bad sight.

I don't know what else to say. Please don't smoke

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Well I was so geeked out about quitting that i started to smoke even more ( knowing I would have to stop at sometime) so I ran out of smokes last night and frankly I was sick of it anyways so I am now "not smoking" - at least for 16 hours so far. Let;s see how this goes. Actually so far I dpn;t have real strong cravings

Top Bottom