Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Good for you! keep it up.
I'm at like 40 hrs 36 min roughly LOL

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hours turn into days weeks, months, years etc.. Keep up the will power, your through the tough part.. :cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Great job Sparks and ScottS, You can do it.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Good news all.. keep it up.

Gotta tell ya, the .55 per pack tax increase that went into effect Jan 1 (in OK) helped. They get enough of my hard earned dollars!

I have to confess though... I cheated on the last trip home from Dallas. But just a couple and I bought 'em in Texas. That was Tuesday. The 3 hour drive got me. Someone hit me.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Never quit quitting Okie. We're all rooting for ya!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Don't throw in the towel bossman. Just a temporary set back. We're all in this together. It ain't fun now, but it will be much better soon :cool:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I tried the cold turkey route on New Years, but that didnt work for me. Can you say "total lunatic"?
I bought a box of Nicoderm CQ, the patch, and it is much better for me. It'll take longer to totally rid myself of nicotene, but atleast my lungs will be healing. And I won't be facing manslaughter charges
They really take the edge off. For me anywho.

DirtnStreet

May 29, 2002
Once stopped--don't play

Congratulations to those who have managed to stop. I quit in 1986 but started back 3 years later while downing a few brews and playing cards. Next thing I knew I was right back to 2 packs a day like I never stopped. If you have quit don't smoke even one, it is so easy to start back. I quit again in 1997 after having throat surgery to remove a tumor--no fun. Keep up the good work on quitting.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
MXSparx said:
And I won't be facing manslaughter charges.

:laugh: So many people were so close Sparx............... :laugh:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
$52 for 21 patches (3 week supply). I would spend alot more thann that in 3 weeks on smokes (a carton every 4th day). You can do it boss, just find a method that works for YOU. With the patch I've been muchh less violent, just a few verbal gems tossed around at home and work. Occasionally I want to bang my head into a wall but that urge passes after a few seconds. If I can do this everyone can.
Thanks to all for the encouragement, starting day 3 and it feels pretty good!

Mrs.YZ165

Sponsoring Member
Dec 20, 2004
YZ's wife and daughters would just like you all to know how happy and proud we are that he has kicked his habit!!! He was a bear at the start but not as grizzly as he could of been. I wish you all luck!!! You too can get thru this. Again Thanks daddy GREAT JOB!!!!!

Last edited:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Thanks Dear.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Awwwwww! Aint that sweeet!

Seriously, though, having a supportive family/friends makes the whole ordeal a lot easier :)

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Well I made it through the "morning coffee and smoke urges" , maybe today will be OK. How long until the physical addiction is gone- like 72 hours ?

What about the mental part- 72 years ?
I am a little aggressive, somewhat short tempered, but in general I'm OK.

I am worried about driving, I do a lot of 500 mile trips and the butts were one way to pass the time.

But I guess I am at 35 hours - cold turkey. I would have had 25+ by now.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Seems to me it ranges between three days and a week for the physical addiction to pass.

Mental? A lifetime, according to most people I've talked to.

Try sunflower seeds to pass the time when driving.

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
$4.00/day * 365 = $1448 a year on butts. Money better spent on bikes.

Got good news the motor for my CL450 is done- after 2 years ! It must be fate, when I quit smoking the CL will be done so I can race the Ahrma series so now I have to get in shape.

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Hey, if any of you are doing the patches, look on e-Bay. That's where I got mine. Spent about $50 and have enough patches for 6 weeks(42 patches in all). My son wanted some, so last night I got him all three steps(42 patches) for $26.

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
man I can't believe it almost 2 days and I am not doing so bad. We will see when I am in the car. Going to NC next week.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Keep it up ScottS, you can do it.

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Almost 5 days now- How is everyone doing ?

I could be tempted to have one but also the thought makes me nausous at the same time. I think I am over the hump - everyone check in ,.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Awesome, Scott. Glad to see you feel you have made the "hump". It keeps getting better with time.

I went and sat at a local pub yesterday for a couple of beers, and the cig smoke didn't even make me crave one.

Top Bottom