Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
I have a BS in Construction Science from OU. Actually use 90% of what I learned every single day. Been riding since high school, still ride when I'm not working. (not very often right now!)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I'm uneducated and practicing without a license.

By the way Okie, do you remember a guy named Kenny Fisher? He was an All-American wrestler in the 155 class at OU (yes, and that includes kicking the crap out of all those high-falootin' OSU guys). I wouldn't exactly expect you to remember him, but I think he would have been there approximately 84-87? Very good friend of mine. NCAA runner up 4 years in a row. :ugg:

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
I'm another one of the engineering types. Also a registered PE in VA and I'm working on my MBA. One of the guys that I ride with is a Dentist. Now I just need to find an Orthopoedic Surgeon to ride with!

The sad thing is that I spend my time designing large highways and don't even get to use any of the heavy equipment! It sure would be nice to have a D5 Cat to move the dirt around at our tracks!

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Originally posted by nephron
I'm uneducated and practicing without a license.

Hey... I have this drip, drip, drip problem. Think ya wanna take a look? :scream:

I got a piece of sheepskin from Mount Union College and did one year of law school at U of Miami before my conscience guided me to an honest career as a stock broker. :think:

I started riding in the days of drum brakes and stand up shocks.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Originally posted by MrLuckey
2 pieces of paper here. I think way too much importance is put on degree's in most circumstances.

In some fields or organizations that is the case unfortunately. Nice to find people who haven't performed the cranial/rectal inversion just yet and can make up their own minds about people. BA gearing up for MBA here.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by TreeJumper
I have an associates degree in Architecture and sell cookies for a living.

LOL!  I have Bachelor's Degree in Dairy Science and I make Raisin Bran.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
110 Credits and no degree. :|
I did learn some good basic engineering skills and some other notable topics such as liquid mechanics, flow control, pressure release, and gravitational pull. The engineering was mainly how to connect a 3-4 foot hose to the end of a funnel, sometimes however the task was much more difficulty for said hose might not be the same diameter as said funnel, thus my engineering was put to the test ;)
I did however fail in keg mechanics, but doubt I would go back for that now :)

AgentOrange

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 18, 2000
I have a BSBA in Accounting from a Jesuit College, c.p.a., blah, blah.

Getting older I have had to make choices with my time and golf loses out to riding. I'll play golf if and when I can't ride anymore.

Friends from the college days raise their eyebrows a little about my hobby but are jealous in the same breath. They also want to come watch. Maybe for the crashes!!

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
I gradumated from a college in South Carolina Does that count?

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
I have a Bachelor's of International Business Administration and a certificate in programming from CLC. My wife has a Masters +30 credits but she has only been riding a few times. Not sure if that counts?!? I have a friend at work who is an electrical engineer. He is more of a mountain biker but he has been to Paragon a couple times. There are a few other guys at my job who ride street bikes, MX and HS but I haven't ridden with them yet and I don't know their education level.

The only time i've ever been on a golf course was to ride our BMX bikes. They had some good jumps.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I've got my B.S. in Advertising...with a heavy emphasis on the "B.S." I minored in English Literature and have no clue how I passed those classes.

Almost all of my riding buddies also have degrees.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by MrLuckey
2 pieces of paper here. I think way too much importance is put on degree's in most circumstances.

What are they in? I think you told me at one point but I don't remember for sure....

Brian

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA

LOL!  I have Bachelor's Degree in Dairy Science and I make Raisin Bran.

I like the way you make Raisin Bran and linguica and eggs and salmon and pasta and.....

Shameless sucking up in hopes of being fed at future enduros :worship:

Brian

ColoradoRay

Sponsoring Member
Oct 6, 2003
I have three Bachelor Degrees: Chemical Engineering, Accounting, and Finance. I not only ride mx, but also ride 25k+ miles a year on my roadbike. Most of the people I ride with are not college grads, but trades workers, or self employed.
Ray

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
BS in Finance, use it every day. Most guys I ride with have degrees. I just met a new customer at the bank I work at and he rides and he is a doctor. I just got of the phone with him, we have talked business all of 5 minutes and about riding for 45. But, this is the first time that I have a customer that rides, most play golf.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by NVR FNSH
I like the way you make Raisin Bran and linguica and eggs and salmon and pasta and.....Shameless sucking up in hopes of being fed at future enduros :worship:

Don't worry Brian, I'll always be your Pit Chick! :thumb:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by TwinSpar
I got me one of them paper thingies.  A BS in Computer Science. 

Same here

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Good stuff to hear. Not that a paper means much - I've net quite a fews g-rads that are book smart and life dumb. I must not get out much. It just seems that so many of the grads I've been around are job focused and don't take time to enjoy the finer things (which may include golf if that is your thing).

A degree doesn't always mean money - I know of several trade types that make much more than most people (degree or not). Also, my bro-in-law has a PhD in Microbiology and makes around 30k in Chicago. Not much of an incentive to spend all that time in school. Besides, the owner of my company is king dog and has no degree.

Spending $100 on a round of golf is ok for a business meeting or sorts, but I'd much rather be riding.

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I've got a few of those paper thingies but I still don't now squat.  Wait, I got a PhD sorting lemming squat, so I quess I know a little about squat.  Maybe that's why I used to ride a GasGas:confused:

JP is right, don't let me work on your bike.  What he failed to mention is that you should not let him work on your bike if you have a well stocked wine cellar:eek:

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
I'm a few units shy of my BA degree. I'm not sure if I'm ever gonna finish....

I ride as much as I can but only golf during working hours, while I'm getting paid.

My wife has a BA and she doesn't ride or work.

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
Science and Technology in Int'l Affairs/Business Info and Communications (Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown U.)

I hated school. I finished a year ago and I just got my first dirtbike--I plan on riding until I can't.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom