2000FLSTF

May 20, 2003
Is the -7 on the end of the spark plug number mean it's a "7" heat range?....this is probably a stupid question, but I wanted to make sure.

I bought this bike used recently and it came with a BR8ES and EG plug and was wondering should I go to a BR7ES or EV?.....I know it takes a special plug(R6918B-7), but they are too damn expensive.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
from what i have read you MUST run the specail plug for this bike because if you don't the electrode can fall of and ruin your engine. i read it because that bike makes a certern vibrations witch make the electode crack and fall off (i happened to a friend of mine he needed a new cyl and top end . do a search i think this has been decused before.now that i think of it that might be just on the rm125s but i would check into that just to be sure

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i think the problem was with the 125 but they put them plugs in both bikes for safety. unless you can keep that rm250 pinned as well as Tortelli (when he is fit:))i would expect a BR8EG would be fine- some people run 7's in their 250's to make up for crap jetting but it made mine chatter out of corners.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom