Bryan Kimsey

Sep 10, 2001
Are any of you using radiator guards and if so, what brand?

Did a search for this and found that Devol can cause overheating, but that's about it.

Of course, I don't plan on crashing so I shouldn't need them...:confused:

Moj

Nov 5, 1999
SE MN
I use the Devols with Works Connection Radiator Braces. They needed slight modification to fit w/each other. No overheating and they have protected my radiators so far...

Although I haven't really tested them too extremely. If you know what I mean.:scream:

I hope this helps.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I got devol....

no over heating with mine in some real slow sections of laying out trail for the National enduro in MI. I don't think you should worry unless you pack them with mud, but then would anything work caked with wet clay?

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I had Devols on an RMX. They NEVER caused any over heating and did a great job of protecting the radiators.
I now have Flatland Racing gaurds on my GG. They are similiar to the Devols if not stouter.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I believe mine are MSR guards, fit nicely and no overheating problems.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I have Devols on my YZ. No overheating problem when trailriding, & I'm no fast rider.

headbanger

May 7, 2000
I just ordered a set of Devols for my KDX. I called Flatline racing and they may have a set for the Kdx later this fall, the ones they make for other bikes look very strong. I hope the Devols work! I can't believe more riders don't use some sort of guards, I had a stick dent mine.
Good Luck
Headbanger

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Works Connection pieces work great as a brace system..but not for protection from damage from the front. That's not what they're made for.

Re: don't plan on crashing....

I realize you're kidding..but don't delay getting SOMEthing for rad protection. Priced these things?? SPENDY!! It took a total of 2 rides on my brand new bike for BOTH rads to get smushed. ..day late, dollar short and all that..but I put the WC pieces on after that. I didn't realize how fragile they were.

The WC parts fit AFTER my rads were bent. They would have fit perfectly B4, too.

I haven't seen a set of Devol's on a KDX..but it seems they may provide both front AND brace protection.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
I have Devols on my KDX, were on it when I bought it. No overheating problems, and they have saved me many of times. From sticks and crashes.

You can see them in the fork changing photos if you need to.

-MD

Top Bottom