Nov 10, 2000
Riding Elkins flat yesterday and I am cruising along and all of a sudden (STEAM BATH). We were doing some very tight woods riding so I thought maybe a branch poked a hole in the radiator. shut the bike down but fluid is everywhere. Upon investigation I see that the hose clamp that connects the RAdiator Hose thermos to the thermostat section of the radiator ("y" hose connections I will call it) has come loose and all the fluid is lost. It appeared to me that the heat of the slow pace caused the rubber to contract thus the clamp could not hold. This was the first day I rode in warmer weather since I purchased the bike and now I am concerned.

I tightened the clamp filled with water and rode for another hour or so and the same thing happened.

I am concerned that this will continue to happen. I understand that this "y" connection can be purchased in aluminum. (White Bros) Does anyone know if this is so and does anyone have experience with this issue and or replace the rubber "y" with the aluminum set up.

Let me know.

Mike

------------------
2001 KTM 400 exc. No upgrades, comes out of the box ready to ride.

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
I will look in the WB dealer catalog. Hmmmmm
I can't find anything like that. Give me the WB part number when you decid to order it and I will get it dirt cheap for you.

colorado-high

Jul 4, 2000
You need to replace those crimp style hose clamps with screw type.The "y" section is not the problem the clamps are.Your dealer should have replaced them during set up. They knew about the promlem last year.

Nov 10, 2000
When the issue occured I took a screw type clamp from another section of the hoses. Connected, screwed it down tight and it came apart again. Maybe this should have been done while cold but I was sure it was tight. Even had another rider check it before I put it all back together for that very reason.

CR guy, If I can find it at WB I will contact you. Thank you

Mike

Top Bottom