JST122

Dec 29, 2005
I dont understand the arrogance of the AMA as far as them not hearing Decoster's appeal. It makes no sense its like they dont even care that they just ruined the most competitive series to date. I cant see any of this helping RC's concentration either. It is going to be difficult for him to put in his best rrace effort tonight when he has all of this BS over his head. It is just extremely disapointing and the AMA's "silent treatment" is just further agonizing.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
One word: .........................*

pace

Nov 21, 2003
Ok... so who do we write to at the AMA? Someone post up an email address and let's get the info posted on all the bike forums and ask everyone to let them know that this is unacceptable.

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
Here ya go.... :pissed: :bang:

http://www.amaproracing.com/aboutus.asp

Ohio headquarters
13515 Yarmouth Drive
Pickerington, Ohio 43147-8273
(614) 856-1900
Fax: (614) 856-1924

General e-mail address: proinfo@amaproracing.com
Technical problems: prowebmaster@amaproracing.com
Los Angeles office
Kerry Graeber
3030 Saturn St., Suite 205
Brea, CA 92821
Telephone: 714-986-9030
Fax: 714-986-9032

Detroit office
John Farris
2706 Lambeth Park
Rochester Hills, Michigan 48306
(248) 652-7460
Fax: (248) 608-8895

Motocross & Supercross
Steve Whitelock, Series Manager, swhitelock@amaproracing.com
Jay Mitrowitz, Race Manager, jmitrowitz@amaproracing.com
Jeff Frick, Technical Manager, jfrick@amaproracing.com
Conrad Young, Timing & Scoring Manager, cyoung@amaproracing.com
Jeff Canfield, Assistant Manager, Sponsor Support; jcanfield@amaproracing.com
Larry Lawrence, Media Relations, lawrencemedia@hotmail.com

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Ricky is right. The riders need to get together on this. The AMA would surely take notice is JBS, CR and IT all sat out a round in protest and it would give RC back the points lead. That's not gonna happen but the riders should at least get together and protest.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
bordrshane said:
I think that bubba, reed and carmichael know this is the best series in years. I think that they know that the fans make the show happen. I would like Bubba and Reed to miss one race. Instead of not race though, I believe they should make the main and ride the track backwards for the fans. Let carmichael and tedesco shoot it out for the win. Maybe let Larocco get one last podium finshish before hes 50. Then it will be even for the next round. Haha, where am i?
Do you really think Yamaha or Kawasaki would allow that? They are going to capitalize on Suzuki's misfortune.

This SUCKS!!! Someone is getting fired in the RC camp!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Sandjunky said:
This SUCKS!!! Someone is getting fired in the RC camp!

Very unlikely. The fuel was likely contaminated before they even got it. I don't have the numbers off hand but the amount of lead the fuel contained was something like 1/3 the amount that will be found in unleaded pump fuel. So a privateer heads to the local Sunoco and runs premium unleaded he will surely fail the AMA test.

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
Hello, Ricky.. This is Mike Kidd.. Wanna ride for the purity of riding?... We have the Canadian guys doing commentary,,

Sorry, the PBR was GREAT tonight,,,,

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
SX has now entered the realms of day time soaps, all 3 Top points leaders and teams have been paid big money by AMA & AMP'ed mobile for this year show, got ya all on the egde of your seats and now for the drama, will RC come back to win the Championship ??, will CR flounder away the points lead ??, will JBS crash his way out of contention ??, will Deva Maltese be the next 30 sec girl................ahhh, sorry, got carried away :laugh:

Stay tuned for " One SX to Live "

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
A-RustyDemon said:
Here ya go.... :pissed: :bang:

http://www.amaproracing.com/aboutus.asp

Ohio headquarters
13515 Yarmouth Drive
Pickerington, Ohio 43147-8273
(614) 856-1900
Fax: (614) 856-1924

General e-mail address: proinfo@amaproracing.com
Technical problems: prowebmaster@amaproracing.com
Los Angeles office
Kerry Graeber
3030 Saturn St., Suite 205
Brea, CA 92821
Telephone: 714-986-9030
Fax: 714-986-9032

Detroit office
John Farris
2706 Lambeth Park
Rochester Hills, Michigan 48306
(248) 652-7460
Fax: (248) 608-8895

Motocross & Supercross
Steve Whitelock, Series Manager, swhitelock@amaproracing.com
Jay Mitrowitz, Race Manager, jmitrowitz@amaproracing.com
Jeff Frick, Technical Manager, jfrick@amaproracing.com
Conrad Young, Timing & Scoring Manager, cyoung@amaproracing.com
Jeff Canfield, Assistant Manager, Sponsor Support; jcanfield@amaproracing.com
Larry Lawrence, Media Relations, lawrencemedia@hotmail.com

I just emailed everyone one on this list! This sport needs a competing sanctioned body to keep the AMA in check.

oldguy said:
DeCoster speaks out about fuel Bold is my addition

“If we would try to cheat we would do it in some area where it would make a difference and benefit us."
"Evidently, somebody screwed up or somebody cheated, but it’s not Ricky, because he has no control over that.
Assuming that this is in fact a direct quote, I don't think he should have worded it like this. I see his point, but words can be misconstrued very easily."If we would try to cheat..." and "...or somebody cheated..." just eludes to the possibility of it happening. He should have left it at "We are not a cheating team."

Last edited:

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
JPIVEY said:
SX has now entered the realms of day time soaps, all 3 Top points leaders and teams have been paid big money by AMA & AMP'ed mobile for this year show, got ya all on the egde of your seats and now for the drama, will RC come back to win the Championship ??, will CR flounder away the points lead ??, will JBS crash his way out of contention ??, will Deva Maltese be the next 30 sec girl................ahhh, sorry, got carried away :laugh:

Stay tuned for " One SX to Live "

Reed is still slower than Bubba and RC, if he doesn't find their speed he will lose the championship to Bubba probably. His only hope is if Bubba makes mistakes, because Reed sure doesn't have the speed to win the title outright.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Thump said:
Ricky is right. The riders need to get together on this. The AMA would surely take notice is JBS, CR and IT all sat out a round in protest and it would give RC back the points lead. That's not gonna happen but the riders should at least get together and protest.

In the post race press conference, RC indicated the riders, manufactureres and sponsors all have HUGE investments in this series. He basically said they all need to get together to pressure the AMA to step up their game.

We are talking time, money, blood sweat and tears from many, many individuals. And it had all culminated this season in the perfect product for the AMA SX consumer.

Then it all gets flushed down the toilet (and careers get permanently tarnished) due to some stupid, un-appealable FIM influenced rule.

Essentially, the AMA is a Mickey-Mouse organization if it's rule book and procedures allow a great season to be ruined in this way.

FWIW, how do you think, MAKITA (and every other outside the industry sponsor) feels about this? I'll tell you how I would feel if I were in charge of Makita's advertising budget: NASCAR is loooking pretty good for '07.

IOTW, make some changes to protect the sponsor's investment next year, or they won't be coming back.

Last edited:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I really thought that maybe Supecross was becoming mainstream when CBS began running the races on network TV. To bad AMA had to kill it!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
ktmboy said:
I really thought that maybe Supecross was becoming mainstream when CBS began running the races on network TV. To bad AMA had to kill it!

Exactly.

For 20 or more years, people have been wondering why SX was not bigger in the mainstream. Without a doubt, we now know the answer: AMA

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
karterron said:
Reed is still slower than Bubba and RC, if he doesn't find their speed he will lose the championship to Bubba probably. His only hope is if Bubba makes mistakes, because Reed sure doesn't have the speed to win the title outright.
As much as I like Bubba, that does not seem to be an unrealistic hope.

Did you guys hear in the post race interviews, one of the reporters asked Bubba what his thoughts were knowing that he has won every 250 main that he has not crashed in. Bubba's reply was classic "I guess I better not crash anymore."

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Okiewan said:
How cool would it be for JS and Reed to sit a round out?

Yes...it would be, but I can't see Mr."I knew I could do it" giving up his only chance to win the title this year.

RC should just buck up and get as many points as he can,and when he looses by less than 25 points...it'll spoil it for whoever does come out on top. :ahhh:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
rlcowder said:
Why is the season tarnished for RC using bad fuel? It's his team's responsibility, they screwed up, why does that make the season bad? Everyone elses fuel checked out ok. That means those teams followed the ruled and they didn't get punished. The rules were in place the whole season and they did it right in other rounds. If you rob a bank do you think you should have an appeal and say "But it was and accident" and they will let you go? It will be fun to watch RC run like a psyco to try to win. He still there, still racing so lets just watch and see what he does. Personally I hope Reed or JS wins. Just to knock RC's attitude down a notch.

I remember when Bubba was docked 25 pts last year, they said that the amount of lead in his fuel was about equivalent to the amount that would be in it if you drained a (leaded) gas can, sit it open upside down and let it evaporate and then filled it with unleaded.

If my memory is correct and that is accurate, that's pretty ridiculous, IMHO.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
bclapham said:
given the high cost of the fuel that i bet the factories are running, i thouhgt that such a rule might help the privateer......but i wonder how many privateers are using Ultimate 4???? LOL.

what amazes me is all the arguing on the internet about racing, 99% of people all agree the AMA are a joke!!!!

it really would be nice if the racers, fans and manufacturers made some big statements.

It's the same thing in NASCAR. I don't follow it closely, but my father-in-law is always complaining about stupid rules and unfair application of the rules.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Maybe I way off base here, But I can think of 100 things to hack on the AMA about, but this ain't one of them, random fuel testing is not new, 8 different riders were tested and RC came up wanting, good or bad, those are the rules and they all play by them, it could have just as easy been Travis Preston as it was RC

And Reed has shown that speed is not the only factor in winning a series, being consistent is just as important, CR didn't make those guys crash in St Lou, but he was there to capitalize on the mistake

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
JPIVEY said:
Maybe I way off base here, But I can think of 100 things to hack on the AMA about, but this ain't one of them

The punishment does not fit the 'crime' and there is no opportunitiy for appeal. That hacks me off at the AMA right there.

According to the figures Roger mentioned in his statement, legal fuels have 25% the amount of lead of unleaded PUMP fuel. That rule hacks me off.

Roger and RC have said they never run their fastest tune indoors as the motor makes too much power. They gain no advantage whatsoever from running a miniscule amount of lead.

It clearly was inadvertant (unless it was sabotage).

To ruin the great season in progress really hacks me off.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
The punishment does not fit the 'crime'

Punishment has not changed

According to the figures Roger mentioned in his statement, legal fuels have 25% the amount of lead of unleaded PUMP fuel. That rule hacks me off.

Still, 3 times the allowed lead

It clearly was inadvertant

No question there

To ruin the great season in progress

The fat lady ( or in this case, the Red head kid ) ain't sung yet

no opportunitiy for appeal

There's the only problem

Anssi

May 20, 2001
dirt bike dave said:
According to the figures Roger mentioned in his statement, legal fuels have 25% the amount of lead of unleaded PUMP fuel.

The rule is clearly based on European pump fuel. The stuff in Finland typically has about .003 g/l of lead (the limit for FIM and AMA is .005).

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
The AMA standard is flawed if the unleaded pump fuel that is on the street and that is good enough for the EPA, wont pass. :coocoo:

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
do we know for a FACT that more lead does NOT help these bikes (I have no idea, this is an HONEST question? My only reason for asking is because I have background in sports medicine. A few years ago, when a girl swimmer was DQ'd for taking "birth control pills" her daddy got on the media whinning about how taking Birth control pills is illegal and what a joke it is. The problem with his story is, 1. The amount that was found in her system was over 9X what someone would take as a normal "dose" of birth control, and 2. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that Birth control pills are made out of synthetic hormons, when these hormons when introduced to the body are like "steriods". Another example is all these guys that get caught and say that "all I was taking is cold medicine" the problem with that is that many "common cold medicines" contain ephedrine, or some derivative of it. It just so happens that this is a stimulant, which is performance enhancing.

So my question is, can this really help RC, and we don't know about it? If NOT, I am NOT HAPPY!!!!! This almost seems unreal, based on the info we have at this point.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
dirt bike dave said:
Essentially, the AMA is a Mickey-Mouse organization . . . .

You are WAY out of line here, there is no way the organization associated with Mickey Mouse has EVER or will EVER be run as poorly as the AMA.

Top Bottom