SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
HiG4s said:
You are WAY out of line here, there is no way the organization associated with Mickey Mouse has EVER or will EVER be run as poorly as the AMA.
:laugh: :laugh: Isn't that the truth!!! Sad, but true. :bang:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
rodH said:
So my question is, can this really help RC, and we don't know about it? If NOT, I am NOT HAPPY!!!!! This almost seems unreal, based on the info we have at this point.

I believe Rich has addressed this at the begining of this thread, that the small amount of lead found in RC gas (or in Reed's and Bubba's gas previously) will make no noticable difference in any bike, and none at all in a 4-stroke.

It is a stupid rule that does nothing to make the racing more fair.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okie said:
the AMA needs to take over the entire fuel operation as NASCAR does
the best plan ever. Everyone in NASCAR shows up at the same pump at the track. SX/MX should too.

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
XRpredator said:
the best plan ever. Everyone in NASCAR shows up at the same pump at the track. SX/MX should too.

Maybe this is the ONLY thing that AMA can take from NASCAR, I am not sure I want SX to be anything like NECKCAR, I don't want to see a guy made a HERO when driving 499 miles in 2nd place, then on the last lap putting the 1st place guy into the wall. To me, that isn't "racing" (but in the USA, I think I am the minority).

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I guess what ticks me off the most is it sounds like the rules on this are so strict that the slightest mistake which has no effect on performance can drastically change the outcome of the series.

I'm sure that Kawasaki and Yamaha will keep their mouth shut on this until they see how it effects their season and then everyone will put the pressure on the AMA to do something to make sure something ridiculous like this doesn't happen next year.

If it would have really effected the title chase last year it probably wouldn't still be an issue this year.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Not good. The AMA definitely need to change their rulings on the amount of acceptable lead content. As stated, it's not of benefit to 4 strokes anyway, so give RC the points back.

towlie

Jun 5, 2005
The punishment does not fit the 'crime' and there is no opportunitiy for appeal. That hacks me off at the AMA right there.

Agreed. But the punishment does fit the precedent and fair is fair until this stupid rule is dissolved. But stupid rules are a fact of life aren't they? BTW someone said "Reed's only hope is if Bubba makes mistakes." If mistakes are consistantly capitalized on then it's consistancy that perseveres. I just got back form Atlanta a few hours ago and this was exactly the case w/ JBS yesterday. Ricky rode like a man posessed, IMO fueled by the AMA's ruling and as he said on the box "to prove we don't need to cheat to win". CR has, in fact, found more speed and JBS is the most gifted rider I have ever seen.

The point deduction really really sucks for RC, as it did for others in the past but this might possibly make for the greatest SX racing I have ever seen, which is why I really watch. ;)

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
DWreck said:
I'm sure that Kawasaki and Yamaha will keep their mouth shut on this until they see how it effects their season and then everyone will put the pressure on the AMA to do something to make sure something ridiculous like this doesn't happen next year.

If it would have really effected the title chase last year it probably wouldn't still be an issue this year.
Apparently there has been plenty of pressure on the AMA before the RC incident. I think I read somewhere that JBS decision brought awareness to the problem, because all of the teams realize that it could happen to them, but the AMA ignores request to amend the rule.

This rule should be applicable to 2 strokes only, or phased out all together.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
towlie said:
The point deduction really really sucks for RC, as it did for others in the past but this might possibly make for the greatest SX racing I have ever seen

Or it may lead to the biggest farce of a series in the history of SX. If RC elects to stay home and test for outdoors or test some cars as he alluded to in the post race press conference. My guess is either the decision is overturned or RC comes up with a mysterious injury next week that needs healing time prior to the Outdoors. Prognosis is good for him to be healthy enough for the start of the outdoor season.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Chili said:
My guess is either the decision is overturned or RC comes up with a mysterious injury next week that needs healing time prior to the Outdoors.

That will never happen. Like they said in the press release and conference, Suzuki, Makita and the other sponsors have way too much invested in the series for RC to go "No fair! I'm going home!" and not race, even if he had lost the chance to win the championship.

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Anssi said:
That will never happen. Like they said in the press release and conference, Suzuki, Makita and the other sponsors have way too much invested in the series for RC to go "No fair! I'm going home!" and not race, even if he had lost the chance to win the championship.

My friend on another factory team is under the impression that RC is indeed staying home. As for the outdoor season, why even bother with that one either since the fuel rules are the same outdoors aren't they? I guess we'll just have to wait until Saturday to see if the yellow #4 shows up.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I think RC will fight hard.

If he losses the championship by less than 25 points, everyone will know who the real champion is.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Anssi said:

The other way to look at it is Suzuki, Makita and the other sponors have too much invested in the series to be abused in this manner by the AMA. If the only way to make that point to the AMA is to say "No fair! I'm going home" they just might do it.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
It's a difficult choice for Ricky's race team. Don't want to look like spoiled children, taking their ball and going home. But they don't want to risk Ricky's getting injured for nothing. It would be very satisfying, I'm sure, to teach the AMA a lesson, but everybody would get hurt -- Suzuki, RC, the AMA, the fans, etc.. I think they'll reconsider, and RC will finish the season and win a moral victory. Bubba probably gets his title this year. He and RC will probably split the remaining wins, with Reed in third. That way, Bubba makes up 3.5 points per race, for a total of 28 over the next eight races, and he wins by 9 points. RC ends up three points behind Reed, 12 behind James.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
1) The lead rule (especially on a 4-stroke) is a joke. Reed and Bubba were found out of compliance when they were on 2-strokes. This debaucle is about RC's 4-stroke. As Rich said, (and as Denny Stephenson and DeCoster said), lead does nothing for performance in a thumper. The AMA needs to get their heads out of their :moon: and it needs to be done now. I hate politics. I don't hate rules, but I hate meaningless, insignificant, damaging regulations that are out-dated and not taken care of BEFORE something happens. Amendments DO NOT take that long to process. The AMA has had plenty of time to do what needs to be done regarding the out-dated 4-stroke rule and the lead rule. Steve Whitelock needs to put down the donuts and hand his hat over to someone who can handle this organization.

2) JS and CR sitting out a round to protest will never happen. They've both been docked because of the same rule. The ONLY way this whole thing will play out in favor of the sport, the sponsors, and the AMA, is if RC wins this title despite (and in spite of) being docked the 25 points.

3) RC isn't handling this the way I think he should. His comments about sitting out the rest of the season, or just settling for whatever position he ends up being is NOT representative of the champion that he is. It's not his fault, he's not a cheater nor does he need to cheat, but the only thing he can do is ride his butt off and try as hard as possible. Champions don't quit and go home because life isn't fair. The way he handled himself in the interviews during the TV coverage was great. He never hinted to quiting or going home. He showed up and won. BUT, some of the comments from his post-race interviews have been amiss to say the least. If he wants the fans to stay by his side, he needs to buck-up and show what he's made of.

Ryan

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
RC will ride, and ride hard..... and he knows we won't get the championship.

Yes, I'd like to see him loose by less than the 25 point penalty, and I think he will. And this will be the last year at SX.

Now, I won't be surprised to see him outdoors for a year or two more, 'cuz I think he likes that more.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
RC hasn't been challenged for several years. He's been happy on the podium in the last few races because of the new challenge JS has brought to him. If he really likes a good challenge, now he's got one!

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
No way will CR and JS sit out a round to even up the points. Framing that $1Mil check and hanging it up in the pool room is too tough to give up. If the racers really want to make a point and not jeapardize their standings, than ALL riders should boycott the next round. Maybe just let the privateers race alone. Stick it to the man.

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
I would stand by as a fan or both RC and Suzuki if they did pull out and focus on Ivan..
Why risk an injury, it's not worth it...
AMA has screwed the pooch this time, plain and simple..

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
My email to the AMA

:pissed: This is to let the AMA know as a fan I do not like nor appreciate the way AMA's bureaucratic nit picking has effected the true outcome of the 2006 SX Series. Then to allow no appeal or to find the real cause of the fuels contamination... if you can call 0.017 grams pre liter contaminated considering pump gas has about .02 g.p.l. so it to would not pass your testing. It's sad and angering that such a petty amount would call for this action... considering it could be a lab error... leeching from all the recycled materials used today. Ever heard of leaded steel? It's used in screw machines. So even the simple funnel made of recycled metal could of caused this amount if used. It's not like we're using raw minerals. Even Aluminum can contain trace amounts of lead in it... or a certain % of lead depending on it's use. And those chips get recycled right along with every other type of aluminum container. So there's another possible source. I could see if the levels were above pump gas raising a red flag and sanctions.. but this amount is found in cigarette smoke. For a body that is suppose to be promoting the sport you have caused great damage.

At the very least EVERYONE deserves the RIGHT of APPEAL even your rule book said this. So your also a hypocritical body enforcing some rules while ignoring others.

Another thing....

Remember when Bush and EPA suspended the fuel separation requirements... the left coast could run a dirtier fuel do to the shortage. Wonder if that could have something to do with it. Cause if you know they're checking the podium gas every race and he's been on the box every time but STL. Just don't add up as a "Let's Do It" move. Hey could be... bet VP gets a hot load of fuel contaminated from the tanker carrying other fuels that they would normally have never had in it do to the EPA relaxing it's stand during the disaster. Bet they did not wash the tankers out after the rules went back into effect.

:bang:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Anssi said:

That would be my initial reaction as well. That opinion was somewhat changed listening to RC in the press conference as well as his RacerX interview. http://www.racerxill.com/articles/detail/483/monday-conversation-ricky-carmichael.aspx

Top Bottom