dddford

Dec 10, 2004
I'm installing a swingarm bearing kit in my kid's '96 KDX200 and discovered that the suspension linkage is shot. Is anyone aware of a source for a used or aftermarket linkage? OEM is a little steep for this part ($130.00 plus $76.00 for the bearings @ BikeBandit.com).

Last edited:

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
Do you mean the actual knuckle or links are shot, or the bearings in the knuckle are shot? Pivot Works sells a bearing/seal kit for the linkage, just like the swingarm pivot. About $70.

skierjet

Dec 23, 2003
Linkage

I got mine at Throttlehead.com for much less than that. I used a pivotworks kit, which is probably better than OEM. I only had to purchase the linkage kit. Good Luck.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Last I checked, the Pivotworks suspension kit did NOT come with the lower shock bearing. ..and it's the first one to go!

Which is why I don't use a bearing there any more. ;)

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
CC,
What are you using? Bronze bushing? I tried a caged needle bearing from McMaster-Carr mid-season, so I'll see how it lasted when I tear it down. I figured it might last half a year, but I don't think it will stand up to the load.

dddford

Dec 10, 2004
LInkage knuckle bad

Sorry guys, I meant the linkage knuckle is shot (lower shock mount hole is now oval shaped). I have a Pivot Works linkage bearing kit, but need a good linkage knuckle.

domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
Good luck ... I just went thru that.Bought my linkage OEM (ouch). Sitting in my garage putting it all together, I realized my Pivot Works "linkage bearing kit" did not include the lower shock bearing. That is a separate kit (shock bearing kit)... more$$$.I am really curious to hear what CC uses "there"since he no longer uses a bearing! Dave

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
Call Fredette for the used linkage parts. www.frpoffroad.com
I buy the All-Balls bearing kits from Rocky Mtn since they come with the lower shock bearing and are also $10 less. They've worked well so far and most bearings probably will if you keep them clean and greased.

Top Bottom