cycleboy

Sep 8, 1999
Planning to ride red bird the 30th and 1st. Anybody from around there care to describe the terrain. We're hoping to find challenging singletrack. Is this the place to go or are there better places to ride trails in KY. Thanks for any info.

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
I have rode several places in eastern KY. but have not made it to Redbird yet. I have been meaning to get there for the last two seasons. From what I understand, it can be a tough all day ride, to finish the 60 - 70 mile loop. One guy told me that they spent 8 hours on a wet day in Dec. doing the loop. I have also heard that some of the good single track has been widened by quads over the last few years. Some of the climbs and decents are tough by B rider standards. Let me know how it goes. I will make it there soon.

cycleboy

Sep 8, 1999
The only thing I'll add to your description is the trails aren't well marked. If you go be sure you have a good map. There is a lot of unmarked trail. The map claims a trail marker every tenth of a mile but you're lucky to see one every half mile and the intersections are poorly marked too. It's all rideable but not by the C class unless you want to spend the day watching them struggle on the first big climb.

Top Bottom