ID 360mxc

Feb 24, 2001
Anybody using a reed spacer on a360? My bike is a 97 which is somewhat different than the 96.It has a wiesco piston boyesen pro reeds and a turbine core silencer also I had a decompression hole drilled in the cylinder. The bike runs strong but I'm looking for a smoother hit.I have it jetted spot on for the area and conditions. Thanks , Andy 360mxc

------------------

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Is that reed spacer, or Speed racer??

Hey Patman did 'ole GSR take you up on that offer??

------------------
Strick '99 KTM 300mxc, AMA & BRC member

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I've got a '96 360, and I'm curious how that decompression hole affected you bike ID? Does it smoothe out the bottom? By the way, I like the hard hit!

------------------

ID 360mxc

Feb 24, 2001
The decompression hole keeps it from surging when you chop the throttle and also cleans it up on the bottom.The 99 on up 380's come with the hole.I also like my bikes hit but on tight single track trail it can be a bit much after riding 50 miles.My gearing is 13/50 I've also used 14/50 and stock 14/52. 13/50 works great for HS.

------------------

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Thanks for the extra info ID360mxc. Am I correct in assuming 13/50 is quite a bit taller than stock? How does this affect your gear ratios? I've got an EXC, and I assume this would give me maybe another 5 M.P.H. on top? (not that I need it!). Does the higher gearing make first gear more usable? Sorry for all the questions, I just like hearing from someone that has already done the mods!
Thanks!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------

ID 360mxc

Feb 24, 2001
13/50 is lower than 14/52. With the MXC gear box the gearing is very tight but on a single track trail you can use second and third alot more.14/50 works real well out in the dez.I also shortened my FMF turbinecore about two inches and with the wiesco piston and pro series reeds it comes on hard.I think my next bike is going to be a 300 EXC maybe next year.I would like to keep my 360 I really like it.I was out riding last week and I blew a fork seal not to bad the seals had a couple of years on then. see ya

------------------

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I have the factory spacer on my 1996 360 and it sure improved the spread of the hit and made jetting about 10 times easier, the FMF exhaust made it another 100 times better plus made it into the fire breathing monster I knew it could be. I'm knocking around the idea of a V-Force 2 but since I'm also thinking of getting a new bike I'm in a holding pattern.

Nope Strick she didn't. Something about not being able to kick it over (wonder why
wink.gif
)

------------------
I ride, therefore I crash
KTM 360EXC

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Thanks for all the info guys! No one else around here has a 360, so I've been going it alone. It's great to get ideas from other 360 owners. I did put the FMF Fatty/Turbine core combo on, and like Patman says, it makes jetting 100 times easier, and makes quite a boost in the power dept. Now if I could just get these forks dialed in!

------------------

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Now if I could just get these forks dialed in!

See the little oval to the left with "MX-TECH" in it? Check them out. I promise you will be blown away with the results, I know I was.

------------------
I ride, therefore I crash
KTM 360EXC

Top Bottom