Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
From Racer X

CHAD REED TO UNDERGO SURGERY
- press release -

Yamaha Factory racer Chad Reed will undergo surgery this week to remove damaged pins from his hand. Reed, who has ridden with the pins since 1999, aggravated the injury as a result of practice crash on Thursday July 28th at Glen Helen Raceway. Though sore, Reed chose to participate in the X-Games Supermoto event this past week but crashed during qualifying, further injuring the same hand. The excitement for X-games medal honors and the enhanced exposure for his sponsors fueled Chad’s desire to compete and ultimately claim the Bronze Medal.

After consulting with doctors and Team Yamaha it was determined that the best course of action is to immediately remove the damaged pins. Reed is scheduled for surgery this Wednesday and will begin rehabilitation soon after. As a result, Reed will miss the remainder of the Outdoor National Series. Reed and the Yamaha Race Team have tentatively set his return for October 7 ? 9, 2005 at the US Open in Las Vegas, Nevada.

"This is the first time I’ve ever had to miss a race," explained Chad Reed. "It will be strange on the weekends when my Yamaha teammates and friends are at the races and I’m sitting at home. The goal of winning the US Open and 2006 Supercross Championship again will motivate me each day."

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Sayntmatt said:
Real bummer that he is out but I guess your health must always come first!

Was he going to ride at the MXdN too?

I read in Cycle News that Reed and McFarlane were in for the MXdN. Reed wanted Byrne on the team, too, but Kawasaki did not want Byrne to go. So Reed mentioned Craig Anderson as a possibility.

The MXdN is 09/27, so it sounds like Reed will be out.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
marcusgunby said:
I guess the outdoors might get real boring now:(
It wasn't already? I'm just glad Windham got around him in the points before this.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okiewan said:
I'm just glad Windham got areound him in the points before this.

So is Windham. :nod:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Have to wonder if its better for the SX season to have both Reed and Stewart pent up ready to go after frustrating injuries. Chad Reed and Bubba were able to beat RC...so maybe they will put on the show we all wanted to watch in the outdoor series.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
. . . Reed wanted Byrne on the team, too, but Kawasaki did not want Byrne to go.
Kawasaki probably put the kibosh to it so it would not look like they were playing favorites with Bubba by not letting him go to the MXdN

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
OldassKDX said:
practicing is dividing your attention? I thought (read) he had planned to sit out before the x-games crash.

I understood it as Reed hurt his hand in the Supermoto crash, wasn't aware he was planning on having the surgery before that.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
jboomer said:
I understood it as Reed hurt his hand in the Supermoto crash, wasn't aware he was planning on having the surgery before that.

He was debating on when to have the surgery before the crash in Supermoto practice, but that crash kind of made the decision for him.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
may prove to be a good thing when sx comes around maybe well have some bar banging if rc cr kw and jbs can all get under the same roof

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
ellandoh said:
may prove to be a good thing when sx comes around maybe well have some bar banging if rc cr kw and jbs can all get under the same roof

Bar banging is awesome but I bet RC will back down every time JBS is near, in fear of being taken out for ever.
Accidents happen, but JBS is pushing himself so hard that no one is safe riding near him. Whether he likes it or not, Bubba is on the ground way to often for a contending 250 Pro.

I've lost a shiny Loonie this season betting against RC outdoors. Now that Reed and Bubba are out, the series has become boring with a capital "B". Even if Windom takes one from RC, it would still not be the same hype if Reed or Bubba stole one.

It is time for Ricky to show up at a race on a RM 2 stroke. That would be the only challenge for him not that KDub is not fast enough to compete, oh wait, 30 seconds behind, that seems safe enough for two wins on a 2 stroke.

The Canadian Nationals are happening this weekend at Walton Ontario. JSR (Jean-Sebastien Roy) has smoked em all aboard his Honda CR 250. It’s time for Suzuki to show the World that the RM is just a capable as the Honda.

Really hope everyone is healthy this upcoming SX season as even us Canadians get to watch it on Speed TV.

Thankfully the 125 class is entertaining, otherwise I’d be vacuuming or cleaning.

Top Bottom