Rekluse Auto Clutch??? anyone use one???

crf250x_man

Mar 29, 2004
I need some help here please. Looking to buy the Rekluse Auto Clutch for my CRF250x, has anyone used an auto clutch??? I understand how it is suppose to work, but have yet to talk to anyone who has one. So if you have one on your bike please let me know what you think. Is it worth the trouble or is it all hype??? I use to Mountain Bike for years and have this grand idea. I want to use the auto clutch if it works. Then route my rear brake to the bars just like it was on my mountain bike. Man that would be the ticket for me. Sounds crazy I know, but it sure is great when you are use to it. So if you have any thoughts let me know on this auto clutch thing. Thanks and hope to see you all on the trails.

crf250x_man

Mar 29, 2004
Thanks for that redirect, I hit paydirt with that one. I found all the info I wanted to know and more. Think I might try it out if I can talk my wife into letting me buy it, YES I MUST ASK !!!! lol can't complain though, I do have a good bike. Well thanks again for the info. Hope to meet you on the trail some day. Lee

PeteN

Jun 5, 2000
This thing is awesome, no stalling, holeshots every time, no need to gear down for woods, increased tire life, and no wheel hop if you race Supermoto! It ROCKS!

WRFjockey

Aug 29, 2001
I have been running an EFM autoclutch in my CRF450R for the last 18 months, and wouldn't be without it.

I ordered a z-start from Rekluse, when I ordered my 250X so that I wouldn't have to ride without one!

I've got the 250X, but am still waiting for the z-start.

red 450

Oct 27, 2001
I have the exact setup on my 02 CRF that you are speaking of. The z-start works flawlessly and the rear brake is now where the clutch used to be. You need to get a Magura 9.5 mm master cylinder and a hose made up the right length. The Magura has to be used with Dot 5 Silicone brake fluid as the seals in the unit are not compatible with regular brake fluid. You must clean out the caliper with brakeclean until it's spotless before you hook the system up, all old brake fluid must be removed.

Top Bottom