Remind me of why we do this again...??

The important thing is you tried and gave it your all. That's all that matters. You do it because you love it. I had to recently make a decision to continue to ride or not. I thought I use to ride because it was something my insignificant other and I could do together. Then I had to do it alone. I find it is the one thing I can do by myself. Sure you're there with others but its kinda like the man/woman versus the mountain thing. Every time you go a little faster, climb a little higher remember its more than the time before. Every ride gets better. Hell, I remember how thrilled I was when I realized you could actually ride on the sides of the tires, and how to stop on hills and roll the bike sideways up againist side kick with my opposite foot and then still take off without falling. I did that this weekend with the ex watching. Showed him up. Anyways, if you wonder why you do it imagine life without it and you'll know why.

I've had that sort of a HS Lori, 1st and only(so far), but you did better than me, i gave it up after the sighting lap!! But i wasnt the only one, i didnt do the prep and wasnt the best ideal to go straight into a national event without the right things..... but ya learn from your mistakes i guess. This was a hilly course as well, no probs unitl i got to a grass section, steep downhill and i ended up flipping the bike and then it crashing down on top of me, but ended a the rest of the lap....just. Well if i get my licence back in time i might do a HS this weekend, first in time 2 years and 2nd time ever, but then again i think i might just stick to the mx :think not as far to walk to the car at a mx...

CJ Rider

Subscriber
All of you women who race, ya'll are excellent for doing that for fun and to improve your skills and all of that. My helmet's off to ya'll! Someday I'll have to see what it's all about so I can better understand why ya'll put yourselves through this. Right now, the trails seem challenging enough. :)