JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Well, I just had a long and very informative conversation, discussed a lot of things and I'm really looking forward to more of it

I realized just how uninformed I am, also, I realized how narrow minded I could be, I made a commit awhile back about Moto mommies and their agenda, well it dawned on me after this conversation that I was being quite narrow minded about the whole thing

So for all you moms out there that are doing so much for the future of our sport with your young riders, like instilling respect and responsibility, I apologized, off-road/desert racing is just one of many Facet to this stone

Jul 20, 2005
1st Charter Meeting Scheduled

When: Wednesday, August 3rd, 2005. 5:00-7:00 pm

Where: Conference room (Upstairs) 74 Motorsports
601 Crane Street, Lake Elsinore, Ca. 92530
www.74moto.com
Interstate 15 exit Central/Hwy 74 > Go West 1 vacant lot block, Left on Collier, Right on Crane. <1/4> off the freeway.

What to bring: (1.) 3 1/2" inch 3 ring binder. (2.) Avery Ready Index Indexing System # 600020. It's a 31 tabbed multi color divider kit. (3.) Pen.

Participation by printing ones own documents from the internet may be required at this time as we are starting off with a zero budget. I apologize in advance for this, and will email the qualified participants the list of suggested documents and aids.

At this time we have 16 Participants for this Charter. We will continue to need more in the future as "Experts in their field" to help build an awsome program and product.

If the participants can not make this date, I can help with a make up session.

I have permission to make a Public Service Announcement (PSA) at Perris Raceway on 7/30/05 @ 4:00 till 4:15 pm (between practice and the race) to gather up more Moto Moms.

Thanks to Steve at 74 Motorsports for loaning their conference room, and to Mr. Lewis for suggesting his sponsor help us out!

Happy Trails,
C. J. "Sparkplug" Stewart

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I'll be there,

Thanks

PS, never got a chance to ask you, what brought you here to DRN ????.....

glad you're here though

Jul 20, 2005
The proponents for Ord. # 348 sent me here. They read your posts and saw the honesty, responsibility, maturity, and virtue of your posts. They want you to know that they do like you, and care about you. Afterall, they are your neighbors. They were very concerned with your frustrations, and isolations, and felt I could help. (They are not mean people.)

I have the feeling that they feel just as sorry for you as some of us feel about the victims of living next door to a supercross track. I've heard them say, "This wasn't supposed to effect the general public in the way it may do so. That's too bad. We just wanted the pro's to be accountable for their violations and sudden impact of forcing their activities on all their neighbors......" The County Folks are also concerned, frustrated and empathetic as to how this may effect their average citizens.

Remember: Sometimes we view opponents and proponents from a polarized view. Either this side, or that side. We are the U-Bolts holding this teeter-totter together. The Fringes get the most thrilling ride by treating the situation like it's their own personal toy.

Agenda: Yes, we will post a basic agenda. When it's compiled! We have to gather the core team together to deal one out.

C. J.

TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
DancesWithDirt said:
The proponents for Ord. # 348 sent me here. They read your posts and saw the honesty, responsibility, maturity, and virtue of your posts. They want you to know that they do like you, and care about you. Afterall, they are your neighbors. They were very concerned with your frustrations, and isolations, and felt I could help. (They are not mean people.)

I have the feeling that they feel just as sorry for you as some of us feel about the victims of living next door to a supercross track. I've heard them say, "This wasn't supposed to effect the general public in the way it may do so.
I did not come away with that impression, but I promise to keep an open mind. Which, I may add, will be hard to do based on how this Ordinance has evolved. I only hope that the proponent's who sent you are truly sincere and do not have hidden agenda's ( i.e. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer). They should have extended this olive branch several months ago.

Jul 20, 2005
The spectrum of things.

They did extend the olive branch months ago. They are off roaders and recreationalists. What they should, and should not have done is water under the bridge. Unfortunately, past participation, or the unawareness to participate has created a perception of "mythical" proportions.

Before I go any further, I'm going to suggest the we reclassify the, "They" status to a more centralized and core,"We" status.
(As OUR neighbors have not participated as Fringes. We have observed many of our neighbors to be focused, intelligent, insightful, respectable, scientific, and concerned for general public policy)

Q: Why have "We" had so many "continuances" from the County within the proceedings of this ordinace? (This is almost unprecedented.)

A: From an observers point of view, it may be because of the level of care being presented on how this will effect the general public. AKA: Acountability.

Remember: This is not a black and white issue. We live in a full color world. If one is not unfortunately, (kindly) color blind.

S_Markott

Jul 16, 2005
There are always extremists with every issue. The extremists on our side are the ones causing the problems, the extremists on the other side would like to get rid of bikes altogether. Both of these types are unrealistic and, at best, difficult to work with. The people who have been wiped out by some irresponsible neighbor are in a slightly different category. They don’t hate bikes necessarily, they hate the idiots on them. I think most of these people can be realistic and workable, however, I believe the sound will always irritate them even in the smallest amounts. Once you’ve been “trained” to dislike a specific sound, good luck getting over it. My neighbors do “put up” with my grandkids putting around for a few hours one day out of the month but I know it still bothers them. Kinda like walking on eggs. These are not bad people and I would never consider them my enemy, actually we are quite friendly with them.

The toughest part of this is going to be getting off-roaders (MX enthusiasts in particular) to agree that the ones spoiling our rights (the big loud overused tracks) need to be shut down. And as a group we need to tell the County that’s what we want. Also this Charter needs to get across the realization that most of you are not going to be able to buy 5, 10 or whatever acres and put a track on it and have it “fit” into the neighborhood. In most instances it just won’t work. And don’t whine to me about “well then where do we go”? By the time I get the motorhome to our camping/riding spot it’s almost 4 hours since we left the house. Disneyland is expensive and the drive sucks, do you think the County might let me build one in my backyard?

Jul 20, 2005
Charter Material

S_Markott, Try to get in touch with JPivey, Temecula Tim, or Ol89r to reach me. They have my contact info.

We've tried to email you, however you may have deactivated that abililty in your profile process. Or, try to email me with your info.

Your last post was good. We think you'll serve well on the Charter.

C. J. Stewart
Lake Elsinore, Ca.

TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
Retraction Please

S_Markott said:
These are not bad people and I would never consider them my enemy, actually we are quite friendly with them.

S-Markott,

I probaly should have said "Keep your friends close and your opponent's closer" I too have freinds and neighbors who do not share the same views as I on this subject and I respect their opinions.

DWD,

I know I'm not colorblind, cause this issue ( ORD 348) makes me see red. :laugh:

Jul 20, 2005
Sharing Favorite Colors

TT, Funny! Cause all I see is a Green Light! (Makes me want to stomp on the long, skinny pedal on the right>>>>>>.)

foundation, n. 1. (an intellectual basis) reason, justification, authority; see basis... 3. (That which has been founded) institution, organization, endowment, society, plantation, establishment, company, guild, corporation, company association, charity. ~~ Webster Thesaurus.

MUSE: We could call ourselves the "Green Light Foundation"? Or, Project Green Light? Color can only be seen with the presence of light, and only if the matter can be reflective. (New Book of Knowledge) What was also researched from this encyclopedia: The Color Spectrum: Basically, it starts at red, goes to orange, then yellow. In the middle is green. Followed by blue, and ends with purple. Hmmm? It's interesting how green is in the middle? We shouldn't be afraid of associating ourselves with the middle ground. After all, green is the easiest color for the human eye to interpret. (Red is the most difficult)

"We are environmentalists that prefer to recreate in a motorized or mechanized means. And, our actions, or the actions of others may be violating our own privileges, or the privileges of others to continue with preferred activities."

Is being respectful a virtue?

TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
Is it time for a new thread?

Question for the masses- Should we start a new thread or keep this one going. My original goal was to get some local attention and dialog going regarding the Ordinance and I believe it has been accomplished. Do we take this dialog into the general land use forum to share with other's who may face similar situations, or keep it local? Maybe the moderators or other posters on this site can advise. I do not want to wear out my welcome with the other great folk's who do not live in Riverside County and use this forum. I say this because the majority of posts to this thread have been RC residents and this thread has been topic specific.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
DancesWithDirt said:
"We are environmentalists that prefer to recreate in a motorized or mechanized means. And, our actions, or the actions of others may be violating our own privileges,

Good point DWD.

I believe most of us consider ourselves to be good for the enviroment. You know yourself about all of the volunteer work done to repair trail systems and clean up areas used as dump sites. I know you are involved in much of this yourself. Of course, this is the stuff that goes un-noticed by the general public. They only hear about the bad stuff. The people that I ride with go out of their way to protect the enviroment, stay on the trails and clean up after themselves including cleaning up what others leave. Don't know if I would want to be called a greenie though. ;)

Temecula Tim. I received the attachment that you sent. Thank you very much. In regard to starting a new thread or moving this thread to the general forum. I think it is a good idea but, Okie should make that decision.

I am very excited about the direction this thread has taken and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you on wed. :cool:

Ol'89r

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Jul 20, 2005
Green Light Mentallity = GO!

Actually a lot of what we do as stewards is noticed by the public. I'll bring the portfolio so that the participants can review the front page coverage of our collaborations in the past. (Baby steps.)

Now the fun about calling ourselves green! (I have a blast with this truth.) I utilize the Robert Conrad approach I'll stand before anybody and put a green battery on my shoulder and say, "I dare you to knock this green battery off my shoulder." The point of this is an up-front stance. "Don't Tread on Me." And, "I'm not to be associated with the BAA BAA Black Sheep riders." It is a very predictable response from the Extream Greens, and the OHVrs, "I'm not one of you, and you're not one of us?" "Oh, indeed. Do you think that I'm that guy who rode his bike into Bay? I'm curious? You look familiar, are you that person who chained himself to that oak tree up in Ventura?"

About moving this tread? We can make recommendations as a team and vote on that Wed. We may want to kick in some dues to sign up, and start a Dirt Blog on this site.

Ol89r, love your tag by Ms. Mead

Jul 20, 2005
Listening to Californians

"An all-pervasive climate of mistrust exists throughout the state that distorts all issues, creates gridlock, and causes citizens to restrict government freedom of action. In other words, mistrust and the disconnect are far more than background noise. Instead, they combine to affect every issue considered in the dialogues. Until and unless these deeper issues can be addressed -- bridging the disconnect and rebuilding trust -- it will be difficult, if not impossible, to make far-reaching, sustainable reforms that go beyond a patchwork of temporary fixes."

Listening to Californians: Bridging the Disconnect

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom