Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
Just wondering what everyone is running for bars and bend type. I've heard CR high bend is really popular. We do a lot of standing up riding in the east. Also, when replacing stock hand guards, do you need a new bolt for the clutch lever? The stock guards are mounted to a hex stand-off that looks like it serves as the clutch pivot bolt also. I want to use Acerbis Rally guards on it.

Makeshoes

Nov 9, 2004
I just recently switch to the CR high bend. I like them better than stock. Also, I installed the Cycra Composite handguards. I like them a lot also. Good Luck!

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
If you are a woods rider and like narrow bars, try the MSR Dominator Mini High Bend. Aluminum bars that really take a lot of punishment for about $35 from Rocky Mountain. These bars are higher than CR Hi Bend and really make standing easy. Ride Safe John

Ewetah

Jun 29, 2007
KX High

I run the Pro Taper KX high bend with Aceribis hand guards. The bars are 7/8 and they have survived several crashes. they run about $59.00.

I used the stock bolt for both the clutch and brake levers but it hangs down below the lever a bit too far for me. I worry about snagging a body part with it in a crash but so far that has not happened.

Flynpumpkin

Jul 22, 2003
ODO mount?

Just got a Universal bar clamp and a Moose Flexbar. I'd like to keep the stock odo till I can get one of those electronic models. Did anyone else retain the stocker? Did you have to fab a new mount? I was looking at modifing the stock mount or fabing one to bolt to the front of the top clamp. There are three threaded holes one has a cable guide loop for the clutch and the other two are empty. Suggestions?
Thanks!

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
Thanks guys

I ordered MSR Dominator in CR high for $34.00 off of ****........ I guess I'll find out if I like them.......they have to be better than the stock silly putty steel bars.

Jun 28, 2006
Sandman 2.0 said:
Thanks guys

I ordered MSR Dominator in CR high for $34.00 off of ****........ I guess I'll find out if I like them.......they have to be better than the stock silly putty steel bars.

You should have saved your cash for the pro tapers 1 1/8 bars. Which bike you installing these bars on?

Top Bottom