john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
I had a "little" high speed accident yesterday which resulted in a crushed odometer and front light fixture...I'm going to replace the light fixture/plate with a UFO or acerbis unit...but I can't seem to find any replacement odometers online...believe it not I'd prefer not to have a computer unit...I like the oem type odometers--but don't want to pay the oem price. I've seen threads about people buying bicyce units from Walmart/kmart??--

BTW, I hate to admit this, but I didn't have a chest protector on--and get this, I practice medicine--Trauma and Family Practice..I know better!!...I'm not riding again until I purchase one.

Last thing--I've been called to active duty (US Army) and will be going to Fort Knox, KY at o dark hundred tomorrow morning first, and then possilby beyond...not sure what (or where) my mission is yet--it will certainly be in a medical capcity...But in the event I don't get sent downrange (middle east), I just wanted to know if there are any KDX riders around the Fort Knox area? I'll be there (or somewhere else) for a year. I'm not going to bring my bike with me yet because I don't have a full picture of what i'll be doing at this time. But if i'm not going anywhere i'll be shipping it out to KY in 2-3 weeks. Just putting out some feelers. Thanks. Cheers...John

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
You're currently in Columbia Maryland?  My company's Headquaters is in Columbia.

I'm not sure how far, but Land Between the Lakes is in southwestern KY.  DRNers routinely meet out there to go riding.  There's a few other KY places that I've heard of, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. 

You'll need to get a liberty to go ride at the Spring and Fall VSTA rides at Lorretta Lynn's ranch in Hurricane Mills, TN.

There's more places, and I'll post more if I remember them.  Sorry.

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
Twiztid One--thanks. I tried the FRP catolog website...but it's not working. Guess i need to call there.

Timr--Yep, I'm definitely in Columbia Maryland--small world! Thanks for the info about KY. I'll definitely have time to ride if I don't have to deploy to the big sandbox across the ocean.

Top Bottom