Respect and THE Question “Why?”

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
You are having an on-going open house for folks in your community and a new kid in the community stops by. He hangs out a while to visit with you and your other guests. After enjoying himself for an hour or so he leaves.

A few days later he returns. Again, he visits for a while, mingles with your guests, and strikes up a few conversations. He’s starting to like your place and frequents a little more each week. You see, he’s been to the “other” parties where folks don’t treat each other right and decides he likes your place better.

Time passes, now he’s visiting daily and starting to feel comfortable. You’re happy that he’s found a place he can enjoy. He’s happy because the place is always neat and organized, people generally get along and when someone does cause a disturbance it’s taken care of quickly, keeping everyone happy.

It’s a real cool place. You only have a few rules and he never has to clean up after himself or anyone else. He’s found he shares a common interest with nearly everyone at your place and he can go in nearly every room in your house where groups of like-minded people gather. And the best part: IT’S FREE!

What more can you ask for?

Well time marches on and his enjoyment continues. He really feels like a part of your place now because he has spent so much time here. He knows you’re easy going and even your close friends that look after your place are cool folks. Just follow the rules and show respect for your house is all you ask.

One day he decides to curse in front your guests, or bring up off color topics, or maybe make suggestions for changes to your house. You or one of your close friends quickly straightens him out. Then it happens, the question: WHY?

Like he didn’t know he was in the wrong. He asks again: Why? A few of your guest try to steer him in the right direction…..but that’s not good enough. So he demands a public answer: Why? You see he feels he has been wronged and isn’t smart enough to go in private for resolution, no. Why? he insists.

Enough of this sugar coated B.S.………..BECAUSE IT’S HIS HOUSE AND IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT LEAVE!

I’ve witnessed more whining and complaining from disrespectful little kids in the forums lately than I care to think about. When will they learn? Let ‘em go to the free-for-all sites and enjoy themselves. Or let ‘em go pee on their mommy’s floor and ask, “WHY can’t I do that?” Because it's her house!

Show some #$@%&*^ respect! Or leave.

If you think I’m referring to you while reading this, then I probably am!

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
In all seriousness. I know what you are talking about. I am a kid and have let myself into Okie's house and gotten pretty comfortable over the last few years. I have seen numerous new guests that Okie gives some room basically spill the punch on the new carpet and try to cover it up with a rug from somewhere else, or act like the mud didn't come from their boots, the sad thing is most of these guys end up leaving the mess for somebody else to clean up.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
:) Nope, I know you know it's not you. But you could share your success with some folks around here. Notice that folks is plural. :D

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
We're tag teaming these posts out of order. :scream:

First, one wants something and does not get it. His first question: Why?

Next one gets a post deleted. First question: Why? Not via PM either.

Last week, another one gives a lesson concerning posers.

Enough is enough. :| :p

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
It really warms the cockles of my heart when some punk comes in here acting like a punk, but eventually starts to act like a young adult. We have quite a few converts hanging around that I initially tagged as hopeless.

Kudos to those of you who have seen fit to grow up and toe the line. :cool:

Resistance is futile. All your base are belong to us. Make your time.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's a lite version of real life. Come into someone's house and be respectful of everyone else, you get respect. Come in and be a wise ass, someone will slap you down. Simple really.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Okie,
My point exactly!

JP,
I agree. Sometimes I'm truly amazed by the maturity demonstrated by some of our youngest members. Good on 'em! ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Now, if only you could get those that insist on utilizing their "bodily functions" to use the bathroom . . . :D

Thanks for letting me hang out at your house, Okie. Next time I'll bring beer. :)

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
"It really warms the cockles of my heart when some punk comes in here acting like a punk, but eventually starts to act like a young adult. We have quite a few converts hanging around that I initially tagged as hopeless. "

You couldnt be more correct. I have seen the same thing happen. I recently saw a post from one fellow who I also thought was hopeless. His thread made sense and had proper grammar. I was glad to answer his question.

Michigan, :) :) :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Pred, whom are you speaking of?:think:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Well said, I think it's like most things in life, nobody wants to read the FINE PRINT, instead they feel like they got the shaft and the flame is on. :scream:
In this case read th FAQ's :D

And one more thing, lets not degrade yet another thread, somebody, quick light a match :ugg: :)

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Whether this thread applies to me or not, I am learning to behave myself in Okie's pad. If I ever deserve a slap in the face go right ahead. As long as you don't leave marks, I'll never ask WHY. :)

BTW... you guys/gals (mods/admins) do an outstanding job of keeping us in line. No I'm not brown nosing... just giving credit where credit is due. I sure as heck wouldn't want to be a mod again. :confused:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:):)

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Yeah I know ive been out of line sometimes but thats onley when some one doese something to get me like that oterwise I'm a very good kidder! :p

Top Bottom