Results of first 250 AMA SX *HUGE SPOILER!!!*

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by nephron
mx547---I'm not an RC hater. I just want the rest of these p***ies to kick it up a notch.

Looks like Lusk was sleeping out there. What the hell happened to that guy? He used to be the only one willing to go at RC, make or break.

i wasn't implying that you in particular were an rc hater. i just think it's silly to hate a guy because he's good and aggressive. it's too bad about lusk. he was my hero when he was the only rider with the nads to challenge mc. i still like the guy but now he's just an "also ran". maybe he just had too many hard crashes.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
It's too bad Travis went down, but at least he was on the gas trying to challenge RC. How many times have we seen RC try to get around someone who backed off and let him go right by (or hit the ground in the process). I'm sure Travis is bummed about going down, but at least he was fighting for it and not handing RC anything on a silver platter.

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Stanton says:
"You guys are a bunch of pu$$ies!"
That sounds like something a Honda Racing employee would say about the incident.

ANYWAY...to the point I want to make:

I've been watching SX in the Astrodome and on TV since 1990. Yeah, those guys might have traded a little more paint back then, but the only time people hit the dirt, was when people were more interested in taking their competition out than winning(read Bradshaw and Mataisevich).

Watch the classic races with Wardy and Stanton, Bailey and Johnson...great AGGRESSIVE battles, but atleast they had enough RESPECT for the sport and each other to let the racing last for more than 1 lap.

BTW-
RESPECT: DOES NOT mean being afraid of your competition, it means conducting yourself on the track with class.

AGGESIVE: DOES NOT mean taking people out because they're challenging you, it means taking chances that might improve your lap times, such as jumping something the guy next to you isn't.

I don't think sliding your back wheel into the competition's front tire is very aggressive...more like sh*tty.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by los36

I don't think sliding your back wheel into the competition's front tire is very aggressive...more like sh*tty.

but since that's not what happened, it's a moot point.

from transworld mx:
Later talking to Travis, he told me, "I promised all my family, that if Ricky ever stopped in a corner, looked over and brake-checked me, that I would wheelie and run his butt over. He stopped, and I wheelied."

now, quit harping on it.

robrm250

Sponsoring Member
May 5, 2002
it takes a man like los 36 to get it right,probably bacause he rides an RM .RC is the P#%$% if he is so great why does he always has to resort to taking people out.We watched Ernhardt pull this also and he got booed to,it is hard enough trying to race a whole season without getting hurt without some chicken s%$& taking people out to win.Who gives a s&^% what a Stanton says if he knows so much why don't he give up his cush job and go race hare and hound or enduros we will see how he likes it when someone puts him in a tree.

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Later talking to Travis, he told me, "I promised all my family, that if Ricky ever stopped in a corner, looked over and brake-checked me, that I would wheelie and run his butt over. He stopped, and I wheelied."
I like Travis but I never said he was a genius...

I don't really like Ricky, but he is an awesome rider...so awesome that I don't think that he needs to "park" the competition in order to win. I'm sure he could find a part on the track where he's faster than the competition and use that to his advantage.

Last edited:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by los36
I'm sure he could find a part on the track where he's faster than the competition and use that to his advantage.

I'm with you 100% on that, that is racing

portish

Jan 5, 2003
the bottom line to this RC vs TP discussion is that pastrana was FASTER than ricky, he'd be the only rider who has straight up caught and passed ricky since vullimen did it in indy last year. now that TP is injured he probably wont be able to do it again for a while, maybe reed is the last hope for a good series.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by robrm250
Who gives a s&amp;^% what a Stanton says if he knows so much why don't he give up his cush job and go race hare and hound or enduros we will see how he likes it when someone puts him in a tree.

Nothing like respect for the legends of the sport.&nbsp; Perhaps Lennox Lewis should challenge Muhammed Ali next time he offers an opinion also :think:

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
The little wobbly weeble RC has pulled the same antics his whole pro career, well unless he's way out front. I think everyone should band together and run his punk @ss over. I would also like to see him try that crap with Larocco, yeah I know he's not up front, well unless you count the U.S. Open. :p

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by n8MX
I DID really want Travis to beat him... I just wish someone would park RC and show that they aren't intimidated.

Didn't we have similar debates with MC/RC over intimidation?

Congrats to MC on his retirement, and thanks to RC for being in his prime... hoping he'll know when to jump ship, too :thumb:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okay, here's the deal. Stanton can call everyone p***ies, but the chicken**** moves that the Angry Elf pulls are a lot different than the bar banging that used to go on. The brake checks are not cool. You might as well ghost your bike into the guy in front of you (a la Chicken vs. Bradshaw)

If you're the fastest man out there, you don't need to resort to the brake checks to get by. :|

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
It's a new season! Who's to say he's still the fastest? You've got TP that turned a faster lap than he in practice and Reed who turned a faster lap in the main! We know Reeds consistent, who was to have known that Pastrana although a year older was still not the wiser! I applaud his chicken**** moves. It makes for an exciting race! They are all big boys now, I think they can handle! So can RC if TP or Reed lays one on him!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Posted by JP in another thread - here is RacerX photo proof that the incident wasn't a deliberate RC takeout... and that Pastrana was the one to run into RC. RC gave Travis plenty of room in the corner.

Just like Indy all over again. They must have magnets pulling them together out there... geeze... :silly:

http://www.racerxill.com/010703_Contact.cfm

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I don't know, but that first shot looks like he's setting him up and the third shot he is diffidently checking him out.

Like I said before, I am MX challenged and I don’t know any better, I just don’t understand the need to block/check anyone in a heat race when your both going to the main anyhow.

And as far as the photos showing that he didn’t look over before the contact doesn’t prove that it didn’t happen, there is a lot of time lapse between frames.

I swear this has nothing to do with RC, it has to do with the tactic itself

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Looks like the same story to me. Here's an SXGP pic of Ricky all alone in a turn. . .with the rear WAY out.

Attachments

• rc setup1.jpg
    rc setup1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 238

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
And here's a pic of RC and TP together in the same turn. If Travis would have kept both wheels on the ground, he might have stayed up. RC had him in this pic. All Travis had to do was back off a bit, and the race could have continued.

It was nice to see someone pass RC straight up though. :cool:

Attachments

• rc takeout1.jpg
    rc takeout1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 239

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I cant make head nor tail of the pictures-it looks like they are miles apart and RC in front and then travis's bike is on the ground in front of RC and Travis is behind.I will need to wait till i see it.However it seems to me they should be able to get through a heat race without hitting each other.Also as travis had the speed he should have held back to the main and not shown ricky his speed.Played into RCs hands by the sounds of it.

patpipes

Uhhh...
May 5, 2002
For all you people thinking that RC could be beat this year just realize that the California tracks are RCs worse surface. He likes Arizona pretty well and loves the midwest and east soil. Reed who is a great rider cannot move through traffic fast enough, he could never go from last to 2nd. SO RC had his best finish ever in Anaheim and it looks like another cake walk to me. For all you people checking lap times try checking the practice sessions as well. Also try checking the 15th lap on compared to the first few, that is why RC will remain king. Motocross is built on block passing, the rider being past usually shuts down to avoid a crash, TP forgot the art of staying up. You can mention all the names you want about putting RC down but the fact is none has surfaced yet! Also maybe a few people here should review that Bubba pass on Sellards last year!

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Oh brother. Give them both a break and let 'em race. :debil:

You want contact? Come watch the local 125C class in the FIRST PRACTICE on Sunday mornings. And they're going for $2 trophies. Some of you guys would be talking about that for years!

Flame on!
:)

B

biglou

Did anyone catch "Bike Week" on Speed Channel yesterday? They had some good clips of both classes and also MC's retirement speech. The rest of the show was about John Penton and kTm. Great show.

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
The truth is readily apparant why people (mature adults, that is) boo RC - read MXfastguy's statement - "watch local 125C class in the first practice...". We don't like these tactics by the "heros" because our kids (and guys we race against in our classes) try them next week locally. They set the mores for the motocross world. This sport (local and pro) sees too many injuries as it is, let's not add to them - by fellow riders. Ride for fun - isn't that what we are all doing anyway?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom