Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I think I'm going to go for a ride on the Traverse City loops. Hunting season is finally over so we can ride again!!! The ground is frozen with about of 1" of crusty stuff right now, but we are supposed to get some more snow. If you would like to join me I will be off from Mayfield road around 10:00am.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Hey baldey long time? You forgot how to ride or write? Drop me an E-mail

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Tom,
I am holding off until Sunday. We should loose some snow tomorrow and Sat. night is not supposed to freeze. Sunday cloudy and 42 degrees. Marsh is nursing a bad back and the WR is tore down but he may show up on Brians YZ.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Ride Report 12/04

I woke up Saturday morning to find rain falling from the sky. :bang: I was pretty bummed. So I sat around all day waiting for the rain to stop and for Chase to get out of work. So finally at 3:30 we his the north part of the Grand Traverse Loop 1. The trail was kinda whooped but not to bad in most parts. The ground was soft and had about 1" of the white stuff on it. Chase and I were hammering through the woods. My EXC and his KXF were shoveling the roost. After 4 miles we stopped for a second to warm up the paws. Chase told me to take the lead because he was tired of finding the slick logs. So took off. I had never had my new bike in the woods yet so I decided to see what it could do. I twisted the throttle to the stop and rocketed off. I was sliding into the berms, blasting them apart, zigging and zagging through the trees and blazing across the whoops. I realized that Chase wasn't behind me anymore, so I stopped and waited. It was close to a minute before he caught up!! :yikes: I was flabbergasted!!! He should have been passing me!! I found out though, that he slipped on a log and couldn't get his bike started. After a little rest we finished out the trail. We got back to the truck and loaded just in time because It started raining again. It was a great ride for December 4th.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Cool Tom. Glad you had a good day. Once I get mine back together and it warms up a lil again, we'll have to hit the trails. Maybe you can come out to Craigs' one of these times.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
That would be sweet. I have heard that it is a nice track.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
It is. Doesn't have much in the way of MX, but the trails are all good. I know Craig wouldn't mind you coming out and playing. Plus, I'm sure we're going to be adding to some of it and more opinions are always welcome on that.

Top Bottom