Ward

Jan 23, 2006
Anyone up for a ride Saturday? Looks like ChrisKring and myself are going again. Second does anyone have a snow/trail condition report for Tin Cup Lincoln Hills area?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Have you looked at the weather forecast?

:ohmy:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Based on the forecast:
If you get an early enough start (like before noon) you'll be able to tell how good the bike will start in below ZERO temps too - then if it does start you may also have a fresh 12 inches of snow to ride in.

To answer your question - Tin Cup and Lincoln Hills are very ridable today - can't say it'll stay that way long however.

Heck - maybe the storm will miss us and the weather people will be all wet on the temps too - Good luck!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
DSC01018.jpg
This is what I'll be doing Saturday!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Next time wash them before you post the photos............not used to seeing it dirty.
Don

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Maybe he is runnin Hair Scrambles? Dont think you need them for that series.

Oh and dont let ol Woodsy see that Kx all shiny, studded, and hunkering down low. He is gonna start droolin.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
slow_joe said:
I thought you had to have a plated plated bike with head light and tail light for enduros? No?
Yep, but they don't add any BLING BLING so they only get installed as-needed on DW's ride!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
How true it is Bret.

Why dont you come up with trash to ride with us sometime?

DW

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
How bad have you westside guys gotten hit by the weather? Might be better to wait and do a celebratory ride on Presidents Day, Monday.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Its pretty icy out. Not much snow but lots of ice. The roads arn't too bad but I bet there is a ton of ice on the trees in the woods. Branches are probably handing real low in the trail.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Wolverine423 said:
How true it is Bret.

Why dont you come up with trash to ride with us sometime?

DW
Well I tore up my shoulder in March 02 (2nd time) when we went out too soon and I crashed hard on frozen ground so I'm gun-shy of winter riding, but I wasn't studded either. I haven't tried the winter studded riding thing, but man it sounds like you guys are having a blast and I'm jealous you're riding the "good stuff". I don't think I'm going to bother studding up at this point, but let me know when the ground thaws and I'll get out there. I'd like to get a couple rides in March/April if possible.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
bbarel said:
I haven't tried the winter studded riding thing, but man it sounds like you guys are having a blast and I'm jealous you're riding the "good stuff". I don't think I'm going to bother studding up at this point, but let me know when the ground thaws and I'll get out there. I'd like to get a couple rides in March/April if possible.

You should try studding up - A short story for you - years ago I used to have/ride snowmobiles, I had 3 of them actually. We studded up the bikes (i even had hand warmers on those first few bikes studded up) - anyway I soon discovered that the sleds never got used - less than 100 miles total the last year before I sold them all.

Much prefer the bikes - when the snow gets too deep to ride single track (not this year yet) we join the sledders on their trails so there's riding all winter. Most everybody (that doesn't ride winters) think that we freeze our butts off - not true - usually you end up unzipping or taking off a layer or two - traction is almost unbelievable - often better than summer (no traction is another myth).

Like I said - once you try it - you'll be studding up and riding every winter.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
So whats the deal. Is anyone riding tomorrow?? Tin Cup? Little O? Horseshoe? Cedar? Anything?

Heck i may just head out to Cedar in the am to get my fix in. I am johnsing bad!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Trash & I are going to ride the "good stuff" Sunday.

DW

YOU guys have fun! I'll be doing the same but on Saturday. :nod: I should have my bike totally dialed after tomorrow. :cool:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Just like Randy says about the sleds here too.. Only they are an integral part of my business so I still get the pleasure of pulling the trigger on a 170 horses of sledding fun once in a while!! They are a HOOT!! Of course, bikes remain my passion though - even in the powder!!
YZMAN - you hitthe nail on the head when you said those KX500 pics would have me drueling.. It has been a good while since Kadie was garbed in her show clothes like that.. Ohhh the memories.. I knew DW had them because he and I had talked about the 5's.. Always nice to see someone else appreciate GREEN :rotfl:
Oh yea, LOTS of ice up here.. Of course Pine Trees were effected BADLY and there are TONS of debris in the woods from fallen branches and stuff.. Anyone heading out this weekend watch those blind corners!! And it is COLD up here too, -4 as I type this!!! So DRESS WARM in layers - youcan always peel it off as Randy suggested!!!
Have fun!
Woodsy :ride:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Fred T said:
YOU guys have fun! I'll be doing the same but on Saturday. :nod: I should have my bike totally dialed after tomorrow. :cool:

Check that, too freaking cold today. We will try for tomorrow. it's 6 degrees out and windy.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Gotta agree with ya there Freddy. I almost went out but.......Just couldn't do it. 7 deg is starting to get to my limit of what I will ride in. Man it looked fun though. Maybe tomorrow morning will be diff.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom