Ward

Jan 23, 2006
ChrisKring and I are looking to ride Saturday morning. Anyone interested in riding? Also does anyone have a trail condition report? We need do figure out where exactly we'll ride. We have been lucky at Tin Cup. Any ideas? Thanks.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Im in. I have 2 bikes studded up and ready. One lighty studded for iffy snow conditions and the other heavily studded for most anything else.

There cant be much snow around anywhere by now. Probably still some in the woods in the shadows here and there but it has to be mostly gone by now.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
slo3933 said:
Darn work...I wish I could head up there!! I guess I'll have to wait another week to ride :bang:

Stacey

I gotta side with Stacey on this one.. I am out of town on business all day Saturday.. CW wont make it either cause he and his son are going with me!! YO Nelson, if your reading this and you decide to ride, I understand you have something for YZMAN?? If need be, you can toss it in my garage and I will be sure and bend it up, I mean get it to him in one piece :rotfl:
Dwoosy :ride:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Any idea how much snow is at Lincoln Hills?
Don

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
OK Odysow,you Renie's Weenies. I'm out of town Friday to Monday. What I have for YZMAN is stiff and dead, hung if you will, and I'm not about to toss it anywhere.

Yeah Father Nelson

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Don Marsh said:
Don

Sounds like we need a Cmore report. He is only a few miles away from there. Maybe Ill call him and see what is going on around there. :cool:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Don Marsh said:
Don

can't say for Lincoln Hills (been 2 weeks since we were there) but i can say for horseshoe this past sunday - snow abt 3 to 4 inches most places - dirt exposed in some areas - great riding and esp. for this time of year.

I would guess that Lincoln Hills should be as good or better since there hasn't been any snow and we've had above freezing for several days since.

Go for it!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Lincoln, what time?

I learned my lesson last w/e at Horshoe with Katoom125 - no more KTM 450 for winter riding! It felt like riding a Harley sportster through the woods.....I'm sticking with the YZF from this point on.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I ride a 525exc in the winter...I don't feel I'm handicapped in any way.

DW

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
DW, you not handicapped when you can ride a 200 without a clutch as fast as you did when Trash's went out. :coocoo:

How about 10:00 at LH on Sat? :aj:
Don

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
MWEISSEN said:
Lincoln, what time?

I learned my lesson last w/e at Horshoe with Katoom125 - no more KTM 450 for winter riding! It felt like riding a Harley sportster through the woods.....I'm sticking with the YZF from this point on.

Good choice! Besides, I would have liked to seen that bike anyway. - next time maybe.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Wolverine423 said:
I ride a 525exc in the winter...I don't feel I'm handicapped in any way.

DW

i believe you that YOU aren't handicapped by the 525, but i sure would be - age/strength/reflexes maybe? Still, don't ask me to trade bikes - won't happen, mine weighs 45-50 pounds less - that much would be a serious handicap for this old guy.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I just got a snow report from Cmore. He said that there aint a lick of snow up there by Lincoln Hills. Even the snow banks are gone. So I am reading that to be that there still may some snow here and there in the woods (in the shadowy areas) but for the most part the trails are clear. So Studs may be optional. I may change out the rear tire to a knobby but keep the studded front on.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I may try the "New Brick"
10:00?
Don

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Don,
10:00am is good. If you bring the brick I'll bring the silver bullet.

DW

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I had a good time riding with you guys today!

I'll be riding Snow & dirt next Saturday at Tin Cup and Ice on Sunday wid da boyz if next weeks cold holds out.

DW

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Good ride.
I did get to ride the New Brick about a mile for testing, but to much snow for me.It really feels narrow & light. I think Cmore needs a new tape measure for snow depth.
Rode the Old Brick or I think it rode me, couldn't get it together for the ride.
Good seeing & meeting everyone.
Don

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Don, you should have let me take the new brick with me to Fremont today...Me & trashrider would have finished the testing for ya...

FredT is also going with us...

DW

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
team bulldog said:
Don, whats this brick crap? did you buy another four stroke!. when will you learn...

Hi paul - i thought team bulldog must be you based on your bike stable - hey did you get bumped to "A" class for the coming enduro season?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom