desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Ok Boys ....Let the $hit talkin and the A$$ whippin begin.....I'm in.......

Momma gave me a kitchen pass for the day....

:flame: :yeehaw: :moon:

Last edited:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by a454elk
yeah 2 stroke, i have a buddy that's going so me and you can load up and we can meet him and he can follow.;) We'll work out the details later.

Sounds good. *If* a buddy of mines wants to go, He may ride with me, Ill keep you informed.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
yeah what kind of terrain is it? will i need more fuel than my stock kx250 tank will hold? i think it has about 40 mile range but that's strecthing it.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Steep, twisty, lots of chaparral and scrub oaks. The soil ranges from rocky hard pack to sand. A stock 2-smoker will make the loop.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
KTMBOY I was starting to think you fell off the face of the earth or was marooned on Mars with the rover. So are you going to be at the ride? If I get the new cylinder, radiator and the ride back together by then :worship: I’m thinking Ill be there.
Oh BTW did you sign up the boy for the Adelanto GP? My kids and several of their friends will be doing the 125 Beginner on Sunday. I signed up for the Over 40 race on Saturday :yeehaw: which you were contemplating doing yourself.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Money has been extremely tight due to unforseen circumstances. I'm trying to find a way to make the ride but can't commit for sure yet. I'll know in a few days!
As for racing--that will have to wait, but we'd be more than willing to help with pits.
I really would like to see both of us make this ride!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
ktmboy - If it helps I got your lunch covered and I'll have plenty Yamalube mixed at 40:1. Being a founding member you must attend.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
yes sparky's are a must.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Now we're talking, this is the good ol' socal group!! The 2 stroke will make the loop, sparky is a must, some cash for possible lunch is a good idea. I've got a couple of guys coming on my end too so it'll make a great ride.;) Can't wait. Terrain is not the problem, the huge sand hill might be though!:) Rex is coming from the South, crap, there goes the neighborhood, damn electric startin fool! GIDDY UP!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Tony, sometime next week can you post the directions to the staging area for us and let us know if we need the adventure pass too? I think you said where we park we won't need one but I guess it wouldn't hurt to buy one and not scratch it off until we park.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
If you are parking on the south side you will need an adventure pass and a spark arrestor.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
North side, south side I have no frigging idea. I do know how to get there and that you don't need a pass. We can discuss once we meet. I needed we can get adventure passes at the Chevron next to Micky D's.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Settle down rat and take those dang cucumbers outta your eyes!!:):) I'm buying an adventure pass and sticking it in the truck, juts to have one. I can scratch it if the need arises.;)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Tony--if it works out to where I can make it I just might take you up on lunch! I promise I won't eat too much! (I still gotta be able to ride back!)

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Where is the staging area and which direction do the trails go? We were going to go riding at Stoddard Valley tomorrow but this sounds much closer. :-)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It is closer but it's next Sunday, and you're still welcome to go.;) We are going to pre-stage at the Mickey D's on the 138 East of the 15 at 8 am. We'll find the staging area from there but it's just on the other side of the freeway.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It's probably one of the closer ones we go to. Beaumont is just a tad longer but not by much and Miller Canyon, on the East side by Silverwood, is about the same as Beautmont in distance. Ocotillo is about 125 miles from the orange county area. ;)

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Yesterday we tried to find a staging area on the other side of the fwy from Mc Donalds. The first place we turned into on the right had a sign posted "No green sticker vehicles" so we drove farther down the road but still couldn't find a staging area. Approximately how many miles down the road is a staging area? It would be great if we could figure out where this riding area is b/c it only took us 25 minutes to get there.

Thanks for the invite to ride with the DRN gang next Sunday but I wouldn't torture you all waiting for me to bring up the rear.

Oh yeah, we still had a great day of riding yesterday! :-)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom