Honda318

Jul 6, 2001
i live in Florida and the whole state is sand,i was wodering if i should still be in the attack position even tho im in think sugar sand?

JediRye

Mar 12, 2001
I live in Florida also...

I'm new to bikes still so my dad took me riding once to get better. We were riding in some nice grass and then it changed to sand. I stayed in the grassy parts while my dad went in the sand. Then, he just stopped. His bike didn't do well in the sand, but I just laughed cause I was doing real good. I tried the sand and I got stuck! He then got out and was riding away but I was still stuck in the sand. I couldn't get out. I tried and tried but I couldn't get out. I could't even push the bike out. I was there for about 10 minutes trying to get my freaking bike out, but it wasn't moving. So, I had to ride my dad's while he got mine out. I don't like his bike. I couldn't even pull the clutch in cause it's so hard! I had to use TWO hands so I almost crashed. Boy, that stunk...

I don't think I was in the same sand as yours. Then again, maybe you have some special tires or something. I don't know, I just didn't like it... Hey, what part of Florida are you from?

Honda318

Jul 6, 2001
since u ride a 125 try to keep it on the pipe when u get into sand

i live in spring hill about 30min west of orlando and 45 min north on tampa

JediRye

Mar 12, 2001
Wow, you live in Spring Hill? I live in Spring Hill also! Where do you ride here? I've been having trouble finding some decent spots but I found a site and it had two. One was called The Pits(Pasco) and the other one said to disregard the No Trespassing signs-riiiight.
I'm hoping to head up to Croom before school starts just for a few hours. I never went there. Have you? If so, what was it like? Thanks...

Later days!

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Sand can be very fun!! I grew up riding sand dunes out in the SoCal desert. It's not hard, you just have to keep your weight toward the back of the bike and stay on the throttle. keep the front wheel light because it will stick in sand. Which can make carve some really fun corner!! I have climbed some huge sand dunes with a 125 and no paddle!! Its possible!:p I like sand dunes alot, but it will eat up the engine life because it has to work so much harder to move you...Well have fun!:)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I grew up on Long Island... Island=sand

I have found that as Bones said, keep your weight back and "steer with the rear" If you know what I mean. Leaning a little and rear wheel spin is what gets you around turns. Very little steering input, too much will make the front end dig in.

Honda318

Jul 6, 2001
awsome!ya i call it east rd pits,i no a couple good spots thats not 2 far away,i been to croom its ok,theres alot of rednecks out there and u got to be careful,at the pits i dont ride there anymore theres a bunchof tresspassen signs and got a bunch of cops and a helecopter after us before,hey man my riden buddy just broke his subframe and wont be able to ride for like 2 months,u wanna do some riden with me?if u do,im 16 and i got a truck so i can come and pick u up

JediRye

Mar 12, 2001
Yeah, I heard Croom had some rednecks, but I have no where else to go so that sounded pretty darn good.

Hey, I'll talk with you more on AIM...

FloridaMX

Jun 20, 2001
Can let me know where you guys ride I'm about to buy a bike but I want to see if there are places to ride around the house I live in Tarpon Springs just south of Pasco county. I know where they are lots of tracks over by orlando and south of tampa but I want something closer to the house.

Honda318

Jul 6, 2001
i no ware tarpon springs is,about 20-30 min away from me,dade city is about 30 min away,they got a real nice track,i go there every thursday for practice,i ride at a couple places about 10 min away from me thats awsome.

FloridaMX

Jun 20, 2001
Can you give me directions to places in Pasco I know about Dade city and Croom but I would like to know about places near Tarpon or in Pasco.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom