Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Any places to ride around Columbus Miss.? A member of OFO Racing(Ca ANG) is going there for military flight training next month. :yeehaw:
He was wondering if it would be worthwhile to drag the Honda CR along?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Are you looking for MX tracks or Off-road.  They have both. 

I think the Meridian Off-road park is open again, but I'm not sure.  I could find out with a little checking. 

There's an offroad trail system at Camp Shelby just outside of Hattiesburg.  I know that there are a few MX tracks around Jackson.

There's a trail system in the National Forest in Laurel, MS.  Down south, there's a trail system just outside of Gulfport, and Kevin Wyndam's place is on the Southwest side of the state.

Seems like lots of options.  Hopefully, some MS people will reply with more detail.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
there is a state park for riding at pontotoc, real close to columbus, for trail riding. it is natchez trace state park or something like that. $5 per day. it's not a bad place to ride, but tell him to watch his feet, it has lots of ruts & pine roots. there is an mx track real near the park, i can't recall the name, but somebody on here will know it. there is also some riding at holly springs nat'l forest but it is best to hook up with a local, it is easy to get a ticket for riding out of the legal area, & to my knowledge, there are not yet any maps. there are a # of riding areas in s. miss., including 1 owned by kevin windham & a couple on usfs land; they have been covered on here before & a search should turn them up. there are several other mx tracks in easy striking distance of columbus, too.

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Thanks everyone. I'll hook him up with this thread. He's going to be there for several months, maybe more. :confused: I'm not sure. :silly:

WBBLUE272

Nov 1, 2002
Meridian Riding area is excellent and it is open again. Lots of varied terrain and some small hills.

Desoto National Forest has several locations in the state. Laurel, New Augusta, Saucier. Call before going to New Augusta I believe it is closed right now.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
there is a track at gordo alabama about 30 min east of columbus, the track in pototoc is called mx886,, on road 886...(open tuesdays, sat, and sunday) its not far from the the natchez trace park area which is off hwy 6 between tupelo and pontotoc city,,886 is off hwy 6 also, about 5 miles west of the trace park area.. there is a private track in shannon also will have to get back with ya on directions, just south of tupelo.

I have found that other than these places, the best way to ride is enter enduros, mx and hare scrambles.
my cousin is a woods rider also, he works at the air force base, if you want to email me for any directions or go riding, let me know... [email protected]

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom