RvrsideMXPrk

Jun 10, 2003
Hi everyone. This is Eric Elrod, Board Chairman of The Riverside Motocross Park Project. I just wanted to let everyone know that we are still plugging away trying to get the county to work with us to find an appropriate place for the track. We had sat down before with John Field, District 2 legislative assistant to John Tavaglione, District 2 Supervisor, and we all agreed that we would make our proposal to Tavaglione for the Rubidoux site off the 60 fwy. However, Tavaglione replied I have "neither the time nor the inclination to deal with this kind of stuff in the coming year." You can see the tone he set there. Then ironically, the landowner jacked his price up on us from $1.2 million to $2.4 million. I'm suspicious as to why, but that is all I'll say about that. So, we have taken a step back and are regrouping. We need to get Tavaglione's attention somehow, because this sport isn't going away. We now have some very key people sitting on The RMP Project's board, and are working to get the Sheriffs Dept. and the R.O.V.E. programs supervisor backing us. As well, we are looking for other business owners in Riverside County, and better yet, business owners around the Rubidoux area (but anyone in Riverside would do), to sit on the board with us. Only prerequisites are that you support our project by saying RMP would benefit the local economy, that you attend the board meetings, and that you are available to meet with the county when the time comes. So, that is it. We really want to do this thing right guys. This will be a facility like you've never seen as far as the accommodations, safety, and track maintenance. Please e-mail me with any ideas you have or things you'd like to see at the track. We really think there are many more intermediate riders out there, so we are trying to focus on those guys. The pro's and pee-wee's won't be forgotten...but we want two really good vet tracks side-by-side so we can close one down and divert riders to the other perfectly groomed track and switch back and forth like that. Please send your ideas because we want to do what works. If you have some political connections, we sure could use them. However, I think we are on the right track to getting the necessary permits. We have full financial backing and are ready to break ground. We just need permits and a piece of land. So, if you want to e-mail me, it's RiversideMXPark@aol.com. If you'd like to call, I'm at (909) 273-0834. I'm always available as this is the only thing I'm focusing on, so don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks for your support!

Last edited:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Welcome to the board.. Hopefully you can get enough people to rally around and help you out.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom