MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
But still fun. I knew it would probably rain, but wasn't doing anything anyway, so I took a chance and went up. It was coming down kind of steady so I sat in my truck debating whether I should gear up and ride or not. This one guy on a YZ4XXF kept thumping by and I couldn't resist, so I unloaded the bike and got dressed in the truck(not fun) and did some thumpin' of my own.:)

The desert is grand when it rains. It feels so clean and you can smell the traction. Too bad you can't see where you're going.;) I only rode for about an hour, but got good and wet. I don't think my jacket is as "waterproof" as it claims to be. And how do you keep your crotchal area from getting soaked? But even with all the wetness, so much fun!

Anyone ride up there on weekdays? I don't go back to work until Jan. 13. If you want to ride. . .when the rain stops, it should perfect up there.

Jake

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Sounds like a blast ggoja!! I was just getting the scoop on desert riding from my friends who spent the Thanksgiving Holiday down in Cal City. They say Moonrocks (Reno) is desert riding so that will be my first experience.

bigshooter

Dec 19, 2002
I have not been to Gorman for years. Are the good trails still open? We used to ride from the Sand Castle up over Tejon Trail and crisscross the stream a few times. We would even get food & drink at Owl's Barn. Are those trails accessable still?

MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
Originally posted by drBill
efy
What's that?:silly:

I don't know where the Sand Castle and Owl's Barn are, but I've been on the Tejon Trail recently. I think most of the trails up in Los Padres NF are still open. Haven't been on Snowy or Miller Jeep trails, though.:o

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom