jwats1089

Dec 21, 2006
I have a '91 RT180, it has all of the wires for lighting, so I am assuming a previous owner has lighting on it. However it came to be there were no lights on it when I got the bike. My question is, the rt180 is extremely similar to the DT175 and IT175, both older enduros. If I bought lights from either of those older bikes off of **** or something to that sort would they fit on my bike? How would I get that to work. And would I need a battery? It does have a ground wire so that would eliminate the need for a battery for the headlight, but the turn signals might need a battery?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
you should be able to talk to your local Yamaha dealer and find out what exactly you'd need to make your RT into a DT (since they're basically the same machine). I'm thinking you'd have to have a battery, as I recall on my DT175 that it had a hard time running the lights when the battery was dead.

jwats1089

Dec 21, 2006
What year is your RT? I see all kinds of RT180's that have lights on them, but all the local Yamaha dealers tell me lights never existed on RT180's. Also does yours have a battery?

KDX607

Mod Ban
Nov 6, 2006
Mine runs off the lighting coil. It is an aftermarket light, and it's a 1998. My neighbor has a '90 RT, but he has yet to light his

Top Bottom