MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Waste of $16.50 if you ask me. There were like 8 of us in the theater.

If you haven't seen it, buy lots of popcorn. If you buy a big pop and have to go to the bathroom, don't worry about missing anything.

Obviously the rider input ended before the editing process ever began.

Let's see...Trip Carlyle switched between a 2 stroke and 4 stroke throughout each race and while practicing. RC is in an LCQ, Pingree is out in front...yeah right. I swear the girl was on a Honda and switched to a KTM later. One race they are outdoors the next SX. Fractured hips heal fast...I could go on and on...

I guess if you don't know anything about the sport it might be cool. Knowing a lot about it, you will rip it apart.

I think that Disney's Motocrossed was better. At least they were consistant and the plot was better...

Usually riding movies or anything with dirtbikes makes me want to go out and ride. This one I wanted to go bang my head at all of the errors that were in it.

Wait until it's out on DVD and rent it. Save your money for gas and racing.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Thanks for the advise. I will wait until it comes out on DVD. Based on your review, that will be in about 6 weeks.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I was hoping to hear it was good, but kind of expecting to hear it sucked.

I saw Tyler Evans promoting it on 'Cold Pizza' on ESPN. Looked like he might have a big role in the movie.

Tyler has gone full Hollywood and was dressed in a pricey pin stripe pimp suit that the ESPN guy was lusting after (he did look fly).

Tyler said he will still be racing Supercross, but will pursue his acting career the rest of the year. They had a RM450 in the studio - Tyler basically dissed production machinery and said riders of his level would be at a huge disadvantage on a stock bike.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Did I mention RC is on a Honda for the LCQ and then a Suzuki for the main?

Captain Obvious, I'm thinking the same for it coming out on DVD...

Two of our friends that were there at the same time didn't care for it either. They aren't even close to as hardcore as we are.

Maybe if it were more consistant....

OH yeah if you do go, don't worry about getting there early. There won't be any lines...

We weren't going to go, but we decided to give it the benefit of the doubt.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
Based on the clips being shown, I fully expected it to suck big time and had planned to wait for it to appear on HBO.

Thanks for the review. ;)

CJG

Nov 24, 2001
MXGirl230, Thanks for the heads up. I assumed it would suck since I first heard that they were making it. Ever since I first heard them say that it was "going to be the Days of Thunder of motocross" I've been skeptical. I can't stand NASCAR, or Tom Cruise, and I still like Days of Thunder. But I'll probably go see it at the theater anyway. Just because the more money the movie makes, the more people will take notice of motocross, and hopefully the more popular and socially acceptable it will become. Heck, if it does well enough at the box office and generates enough interest in the sport, it could be a stepping stone towards live race coverage(or at least same week coverage again). :cool:

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
I knew it would suck from the poster, it was a cr125 with crf graphics. I mean come on, any person who ever raced motocross will deffinatly know this is wrong. Did they not hire the rite people for the job. Who droped the ball. This could have been a great movie, i'm gonna wait till its out on dvd too

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
these guys have bigger motors and better torques :yikes: :rotfl:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
(he did look fly).
Parachute pants?

Looks like the only good movies are done by off-road, desert and hill-climb guys. The Great Outdoors series is pretty good tho...

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
IMHO the last great motorcycle movie was "On Any Sunday" nothing else has come close. So it ranks up there with Biker Boys and The Fast And The Furious for absolute stupidity.

Steve

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
wow this movie really sounds bad, if its that bad and it can make it into theatres maybe DRN should make a movie :rotfl: At least we could get the bikes and stuff right :bang: Guess i'm waiting till it hits the stores or cable

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Bummer :bang: Figures though. I think I'll order a vintage mx tape I saw in my AMA mag. I like watching old stuff, heck maybe I'll throw in an old copy of Little Fauss and Big Halsey, it's good for a laugh.

B

biglou

I wonder, did the neckcar fans say the same thing about "Days of Thunder"? I envisioned a similar situation with this movie.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
MXGirl230 said:
Waste of $16.50 if you ask me.

$16.50!!? :yikes:

I don't think any movie is worth that!

Guess I'll be changing my plans for Friday night. :ahhh:

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Supercross The Movie

So if you can manage to ignore the fakeness of it, is it entertaining?? I highly enjoyed Days of Thunder, even though it was fake as hell.

I just can't wait til my Dust To Glory dvd comes in. Should be w/in the next week or so...

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
YamaB said:
Has anyone seen it yet?? I'm thinking about it, but the only reviews I've seen are pretty bad. Just curious as to what dirt bike enthusiasts think of it. Is it worth a watch??

Refer posts one through ten ... :coocoo:

I'm expecting my DVD copy of Duxt to Glory in a week or so. Great show!

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
splatt said:
IMHO the last great motorcycle movie was "On Any Sunday" nothing else has come close. So it ranks up there with Biker Boys and The Fast And The Furious for absolute stupidity.

Steve

Faster was VERY good... On Any Sunday is still probably my favorite though...

B

biglou

LOL, he's not crazy Tony (well, he does ride a kTm... ;) ) Someone merged threads.

I need to get D to G too...

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Tony Eeds said:
Refer posts one through ten ... :coocoo:

Yeah, I TOTALLY missed this thread so my original post was actually its own thread... The mods moved it into this one which made me look like an air head. Wonder if Lou had anything to do with it?? :think:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
We're going to see it tomorrow (after riding RED BUD!!!) and I don't care if it sucks.... I already expect inconsistencies and "errors" because the people who put up the big money to take a gamble on a MX/SX hollywood movie probably aren't "hard core" MXers. But regardless, it's an attempt to get more exposure to the sport we all love.... so why not support it even through it's suckiness. If it helps sell more tickets at the next SX or outdoor national race, or has kids go home and beg mom and dad for a bike, or gets a few new riders to show up at the local track.... it seems like a success to me.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
YamaB said:
Yeah, I TOTALLY missed this thread so my original post was actually its own thread... The mods moved it into this one which made me look like an air head. Wonder if Lou had anything to do with it?? :think:
nah, it was me. I got big shoulders and I will take the blame :)

and I'm gonna wait for the DVD. But I WILL go see Dukes of Hazzard!

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
Remember when Supercross season was in full swing, and they kept showing bits of the "Making of Supercross: The Movie"? Everyone that was involved with the film kept bragging how it will be authentic and "true" to the sport. Yeah right. As soon as I saw it was starring Mike Vogel I knew the acting was going to suck. He's the same guy who played the lead character in Grind... which was a total waste of time. Skaters probably hate that movie, just like we may hate this one.
When they can't get graphics correct on the poster for the movie... well, who cares, but c'mon. Buy a CR125 and take a picture of it. No need to put CRF graphics on it.

I'm still going to pay $8 to see this,who knows... I might like it.

Ryan

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom