MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
dirtbikr99 said:
I knew it would suck from the poster, it was a cr125 with crf graphics.

Look closer it's a KTM

We went to support it, but seems like they could have done a better job. I can't believe it took two and a half years to make it.

Nikki good luck to you guys Sat. We can't make it, Phil has to work...

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
YamaB said:
The mods moved it into this one which made me look like an air head.

LOL!!

Things aint always what they seem, eh? :nod:

Figures pre-dater was involved. :moon:

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
The next time a big screen production of a sport like motocross is good will probably be the first. I remember when I was a kid and the movie "Skate or die" came out. Its like they take all the lingo and use it in the cheesiest ways possible, make tons of errors that would be obvious to anyone in the sport/hobby etc.

Haven't seen it but not surprised at the review.

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
Despite the ripping above, I plan to go see the movie this weekend. I'm assuming that RC is pretty much just an extra in the movie, or is he being portrayed at all as anything more than a background rider? Anyway, most movies these days require us to turn off our common sense and consistency checking function and take what happens with a grain of salt. Sounds like this one's going to require a lot of salt to get down, but it does have racing footage, dirtbikes, and babes. If it really sucks, maybe I'll be able to get credit for an inconsistency that no one else had notice yet...

btw...Dust to Glory was awesome, I think it was the best motorcycle movie in recent past, even though it was about beetles, dune buggies, and trucks as well. Mouse McCoy had to have diamond coated balls of steel to do that solo!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I am going to go see the movie.

The discrepencies are beyond their control. I remember right after Motocrossed came out Alana Austin (I think that is her name) was supposed to star in Supercross as well. The plot has changed several times over the few years that they have been filming and the cast has been completely re-done.

There are bound to be differences when you go through different casts, different years, different contracts and different production units.

Ivan

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Ivan - that was a different movie.... she was in another MX movie that came out like last year after Motocrossed.... can't remember the name, but she like was Chad Reed.... and there was a monkey that rode too and was whoopin up on people at the track. Lorenzo Lamas was the dad. It was pretty lame, but I still liked it. Team Subway had a lot of coverage in the opening credits too. What the heck was the name of that movie..................

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
With three boys ranging in age from 3 to 11, there is no way I DON'T have to see this movie. If you just lower your expectations and quit expecting any modicum of worth, then you aren't so dissapointed. Heck all five of us actually enjoyed, that right...we enjoyed the Dukes Of Hazzard. Gotta be able to get in touch w/ your LCD factor (Lowest Common Denominator factor).

Dust To Glory...that is a great movie btw. Got my DVD preordered today!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
nikki said:
Ivan - that was a different movie....

Nope. That was the movie they had to make, not the one she wanted to make. TAG entertainment did all 3 movies (Motocrossed, Moto X kids and Supercross). They made the monkey movie so they would get the funding to start Supercross.

I distinctly remember her being interviewed about Supercross the movie several times.

Ivan

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I plan on going. I'm easily entertained. As long as they don't have Carmichael on a quad or people doing back-flips shooting at each other (Charlie's Angels) I should be OK with it. As long as we are talking about movies I just saw The Dukes of Hazard and enjoyed it. Much different than the original but the stunts are good and damn I love that car!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I agree, Derek...
Anyone knows that carrying their six guns while doing 360's adds rotating mass.
How gullable do they think we are?

(it's a stinkin' movie folks, for pete's sake...it's not a documentary)

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
whats funny is the movie is getting horrible reviews from most critics, they are saying it was just made for a niche group, i.e. us. But the mx people are saying it's for the mainstream. Apprently people from all walks of life agree it's crap, but I will be seeing it when it's on dvd.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
funktree said:
whats funny is the movie is getting horrible reviews from most critics, they are saying it was just made for a niche group, i.e. us. But the mx people are saying it's for the mainstream. Apprently people from all walks of life agree it's crap, but I will be seeing it when it's on dvd.

Kinda funny how that worked out. I think the same about Lords of Dogtown, The Vans documetary(Stacy Peralta) was good but the "hollyweird" version was self imortilizing(sp?)

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
We'll probably take the boys to see it. Just so it has action, they're satisfied. We have the DVD of Moto X kids. It's a good movie to watch in the early morning when we're camping for the weekend.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
So who's going to the Albuquerque, NM SX next year? :laugh:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Just got back from seeing the movie. As far as a Hollywood race movie, its better than anything else before it...with exception of course to On Any Sunday. What it does have is pretty decent race footage (for Hollywood) both helmet cam and regular footage of moto, supermoto and SX. In fact, there are hints of On Any Sunday camera angles/ footage sprinkled in the movie. I just think some of the reviewers either 1) haven't seen some of the older stuff both good and bad or 2)have never raced. Yeah, it has the obligatory Hollyhokie crap, but nothing like the Winners Take All or Motocrossed silliness. What it doesn't have is the Triple X and Charlie's Angles cheeseball crap w/ regards to the racing scenes.

I don't care that filming of Charmichael started when he was still riding Honda and wrapped up when he had signed w/ Suzuki...its a movie, total make believe...not a documentary. Go into it w/ a open mind, ignore the fact that Hollywood still can't dub in a proper engine noise for the engine type, don't look for total realism (again its make believe) but allow yourself to be amused and actually enjoy the hidden gems...sweet downhill hemet cam footage from Glen Helen, some great start scenes (I found myself holding my breath, twisting the throttle 2/3 w/ clutch finger twitching waiting for the gate to drop) cameos by some of the greats and of course pit tootsies wanting their bodies signed (hey it happens...I guess). In all actuality, I think we have gotten so used to great soundtracks w/ our riding/raicng videos that this one is marred b/c the soundtrack is just plain bad when they do try to use music w/ the action

I am all about low-brow LCD fun. Takes much less energy and you are set up much less for dissapoinment. I'm way too lazy to be tragically hip and not allow myself to enjoy something fluffy...and yes this is fluffy, but Hollywood is getting better and anybody who doubts that ought to be forced to watch Winners, Motocrossed, Charlie's Angles and XXX again after seeing this. This didn't need as much low brow commitment as I though it would. Kids loved it and heck, even my wife liked it.

tripdog7

Oct 3, 2002
Me and my wife saw this Saturday night. There were all of 10 people at the 7:00 primetime showing. The racing footage was pretty good, but the rest was really sucky. This guy's girlfriend, who does backflips, races the 125 class. She also adjust valves on a 2-stroke, and is a little hottie to boot. My wife was hoping to see Chad Reed, but we only go to see him in spot #3 on the leaderboard. Ricky and Bubba had 2 second distant cameos, but that's it. Cheese factor was off the meter, but it's better than Miss Congeniality 2.

It ranked 15 at the box office, next week you might get it on DVD.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I wondered if anyone would mention Winners Take All. The first time I saw the trailer I was like, "Hmmm...two guys trying to make it big, a hot chick that rides....this is like the new Winners?"

I haven't seen it yet, not sure if I can bring myself to pay the $8 each, but I will definitely see it. Even if it's cheesy it'll be worth it IMO. Kind of like pizza....even the bad pizza is kind of good. You know?

Micah

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom