450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
hey guys i was wondering how good a steering stabilizer really is. i have a CRF450X that i would like to put one on. i race it in harescrambles, and do some hillclimbing with it and ride a lot of trails. i have heard some good things about these stabilizers and just wanted some input, and to see if they are worth the $500+. :ohmy:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I have ridden with one on a Crf250x and it was VERY nice. It does help with headshake, but where I felt the big difference was coming through rooty turns the front end would stay in line with where you pointed it instead of jerking off in the direction of the roots. It will also help slow the impact of tagging a tree with the bars. I feel their well worth the money if you have it to spend.

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
as for headshake its not too bad except when i'm going downhill, when the front end is loaded up, it will dance around alittle bit. and i would like to clean up the cornering, normal cornering is fine but in rooty or sandy corners the front end wants to dive pretty bad. thanks for the input guys.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
It has way more benefits than just reducing headshake. Helps with angled logs, rocks, unseen stuff that pulls your wheel all over the place, etc, etc.

GET ONE!

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I'm happy with the WER. $100-150 less, mounts out of the way down on the fender.

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
thanks for the advice guys, :worship: i am going to look at getting one this spring so i can ride all summer with it. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom