self nomination for bone head of the month

liven07

Mar 29, 2009
Well I did a good one today. I have been putting off that rear bald tire and decided to go for a rip. I was traveling down service road going about 45 mph with ruts on both sides where truck tires tore it up and I was going throw the middle of them until 1 went side to side, I hit it and kind of jumped then the rear tire spun me out and me and my bike went rolling and sliding out into the woods. Forks are bent and some of the plastic is cracked and I have road rash from head to toe and swollen ankles but could be a lot worse I guess I was being a moron and not wearing a helmet. Heads fine aside from a bloody lip.

I think I will replace that tire know.

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
Oh No! Helmets are a must! It may be true that pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever, but, showing your mates the damage to your helmet is much cooler than showing them the damage to your face! Hope you heal soon.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I too hate the exhaust plug.

On one ride my flywheel nut came loose and allowed the flywheel to shear the key. No big deal, I got a new key and put everything back together.

Next ride was out at the dunes. Bike wouldn't start. I hadn't tried to start it since fixing the flywheel key, I just loaded up and went. It would try, maybe run 1 second, then cough, die, kick back. Everything seemed like a timing issue.

So, over the course of the next hour or more I did the following at the campsite
  • Pulled the flywheel to check the timing, any stator damage I might have not noticed before, etc.
  • Pulled the carb and cleaned it
  • Checked spark
  • Changed the plug anyway
  • Pulled the carb again, and the reeds to check them
  • Pulled the flywheel yet again
  • Changed the plug yet again

At this point I was ready to pack it up and head 5+ hours back home. One of the many people there helping / teasing suddenly started laughing his arse off. I looked up and saw him pointing at the back of my bike. Lo and behold, the muffler plug was in. Pulled it and the ol 220 fired right up.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom