Setting up CR125 for trail riding

RidinRed

Sep 30, 2003
I have a 98 cr125, and I know its a motocross bike, but what all would yall suggest to make it more trail friendly, I am currently running a pro circuit platinum pipe and a 304 shorty silencer. I was considering switching to a fmf pipe with more low-end, but all the dyno results on their website dont show much lowend improvement. Is it just going to come down to gearing? Also, as far as suspension goes, should I lower the back end to make it easier to plant my feet, or keep it up for ground clearance? Thanks

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
An FMF Gnarly might improve the low end a bit, but keep in mind that you're riding a 125 MX'er, which has its limitations. Your best money will be spent on suspension. If you do most of your riding on the trails, that's where I'd start. Raising or lowering it probably shouldn't be your main concern...valving and softer springs (depending on your weight) will make a huge difference in how much pleasure you get out of trail riding. If you want to see how I made my KX250 more suitable for the woods, <click here>.

larosche

Apr 20, 2000
To set up a Honda motocrosser for the woods do the following:
1. Sell it to another motocrosser
2. Buy a KTMxxxEXC or KTMxxxMXC.

Change the tires on the KTM to S12s, add an Enduro computer and hand guards.

Go RACING!!

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Originally posted by larosche
To set up a Honda motocrosser for the woods do the following:
1. Sell it to another motocrosser
2. Buy a KTMxxxEXC or KTMxxxMXC.

Here are my steps 3-6 (related to my 300MXC, which has been ridden for one season):

3. Start buying race gas because out of the crate it runs like crap on pump gas. Why, who knows. It just does.
4. Endlessly fiddle with mushy front brake.
5. Split cases because the factory didn't loctite a crucial bolt in the transmission.
6. Get a good deal on an '03 KX250 and buy it. Convert to woods bike and go racing.

Hehehe....just passin' back the sarcasm (one of my few gifts ;) )

Top Bottom