Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Okie, I wish for the best for your mom, she is a wonderful woman! Take care and keep us posted, our prayers are on the way.

Rooster & Squeaky

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Thanks all! I'm sure all the positive thoughts are making an impact.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
My thoughts and prayers will be with you Mom, glad to hear you are making improvements.... Although Im not surprised to hear of your progress cause You are one of the elite.
Best Wishes from the NY spodes!

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Thank you for keeping mom in your prayers and thoughts. Its awesome to know that mom has made such an impact on so many people.
Alot of you have asked about Pokie, and I wanted to let you know he is doing ok. Its been extremely rough for him but he is amazing, pulling double duty at the hospital, sick with bronchitis and going to school. He is only 5 weeks from graduating, so its been a tough road, but hes dealing.

Again, thanks to all of you for your prayers and emails to mom. She is loving it!
Chris (Crispy)

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Our prayers will be for our DRN/DW Mom(and family)!

Joy and Marcel were the first to welcome my family and me to DW 05. They were very gracious the entire week, always talking with us and making us feel like part of the DRN family!
I'm not at all surprised Joy(she's a tough one) is doing well, with so many good folks praying for her!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
ChopperDave said:
Our prayers will be for our DRN/DW Mom(and family)!

Joy and Marcel were the first to welcome my family and me to DW 05. They were very gracious the entire week, always talking with us and making us feel like part of the DRN family!
I'm not at all surprised Joy(she's a tough one) is doing well, with so many good folks praying for her!
Yes one or the other was always there to make sure every new arrival got a great welcome and knew they were finally home even if it was a field in Oklahome. :nod:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Being that I've met the Okie Clan (once and it was a while back) I still feel a bit partial. You will be in my thoughts...

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Whoa! Thank God she has the inner strength to take a stand and fight, those years of dealing with you and Crispy must have tuned her up a bit!! Bob, send my love and tell her I'm thinking about her and will put in a good word to the man upstairs, I have a direct line. She's my midwest mom when I'm away from home, and she always made me smile and feel at home when I came to Dirtweek. Shiftless kicks ass! She will be in our prayers and thoughts until she returns home, love you mom

Elk and family.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Card will go in the mail tomorrow. I made one from riding photos in print shop. Thump gets the Kudo's for the best pic.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
BSWIFT said:
Card will go in the mail tomorrow. I made one from riding photos in print shop. Thump gets the Kudo's for the best pic.

Good idea Brian, I will throw in some DW05 pics with our card.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Our prayers are with your mom & your whole family, Okie. I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing better!

I'm sure that you all are cherishing your time together, even more than ever, now.

Please keep us all updated. We anticipate good things occurring, but much patience will be required. Many of us know what you are going through.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
My thoughts are with you and your family Okie. Tell Mom we hope she gets better quickly!!!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
It's good to know that she's recovering. Please tell her I'm hoping for the best.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Bob, please pass on my best wishes to all your family. I've never met any of you, but have often laughed at your mum's posts.
I often think back to what DRN was, and to me, it's not the same any more. I've changed, I'm busier than I've ever been and now can totally harass my boss in real life. I no longer have to harass you about working on the place 25/8 ;)
There are so many things we take for granted in life (esp. parents), that are so precious.
Please give my love to her, she won't know me from a bar of soap, but maybe the thought that a Kiwi (tell her I'm not a fruit, okay, so maybe I am) is wishing her well might make her realise that thoughts are being sent across the globe.
With love from me, Michelle

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
tonight marks exactly 4 weeks that I made the call to 9-1-1 and delivered her to the ER in the local hospital.... which prompty transferred her to the larger hospital in nearby Dubuque (IA).... two weeks in ICU (one would have been enough if it had not been for a medical "mishap"...) and two in rehabilitation which may stretch into three..... but this is vastly better than the original 6-8 weeks in rehab and whispers of permanent injury due to lack of oxygen..

I have read her the posts in this thread and the many email messages and cards she received.... reacting with a tear of joy to all of them, knowing that the family spirit of DRN is alive and well and that the multitude of prayers and wishes cannot fail to have their intended effect.

We love Kiwis, the woolly cuddly fruity kind as well as the two-legged upright walking types.... wishes from Kiwiland are especially dear to Shiftless and ole Pokie (thanks Michelle)

But a final and very special thanks to Rich for organizing a bouquet of beautiful flowers which remind her daily of the DRN family putting in a good word for her at the top of the power pyramid...

Hey, Oldguy, perhaps planning a get-together sometime this summer will provide a benchmark for Joy to shoot for; it's all a matter of progress and goal-setting...

thanks to one and all for the wishes and expressions of love, which we reciprocate fully...

Marcel and Joy

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Thanks for the update Pokie. It so good to hear things are going well. Give Joy a big hug from all of us!

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
By the way - the men in this family neglected to tell you the best news... the traeche is out! It was pulled on Friday and she continues to show the Drs and Nurses to never underestimate her! She is cruising the halls and talking up a storm.

The word HERO is usually reserved for soldiers, policemen and firemen, but for me, it now includes "Mom".

Thank you for all your prayers, cards and love. Its made a huge difference, for all of us!
Chris

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Crispy said:
. . . The word HERO is usually reserved for soldiers, policemen and firemen, but for me, it now includes "Mom".
you can't say that enough

and the good news warms my heart :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Glad to hear she's doing well - that's such great news!

Our thoughts stay with you as she recovers!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom