XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'd just started getting back to sleep after my wife had returned from what seemed like a relatively long ambulance call, and the stupid cat kept jumping up on the bed and the nightstands and whatnot after she'd let him in. Finally, it was close enough to time for me to get up, I threw the cat out of the bedroom and shut the door and headed off to the shower.

After showering, I was towelling off and admiring the buffet of manliness that is my physique, when I hear what can only be gunshots out in my front yard. I hurry up and throw on a pair of sweatpants, grab the shotgun from the corner (just in case) and head out front to see what the hell is going on. I peek out the window and see a couple members of the law enforcement community on my lawn looking at a body in the yard.

Thankfully, I had the presence of mind to leave the shotgun inside. I went out to discuss the situation with the officers on scene (I know most all of them through my time as an EMT and from being on City Council).

It seems the perp was trying to break into an apartment across the street when the cops just happened to be driving by. They put the spotlight on him and he bolted across the street toward my house. He had what looked like a weapon in his hand, and when told to stop, he evidently looked menacing enough for the junior officer to open fire on him.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Damn pred! That's scary. I think it's time to move man. Aren't these the same apts that are home to many other oddities? Just hope lightning doesn't strike twice for you and your families sake.

Apr 30, 2007
Wow. :whoa:

Funny, this thread popped up as being relevant to a search I'm doing in my Criminal Investigations class...

Good to know things turned out okay (for you).

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Dang Pred! That cat was probably warning you about the nearby trouble and you threw her out of the room! :nener:

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
All you gotta do is read my tag. My son works in the ER at Methodist hospital in Gary Indiana you should hear the stories he tells.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I'll be sure to watch for the Pred house on the news tonight :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Just talked to the wife. She said the senior officer found the piece of paper the perp was holding. He showed it to the junior officer and that's when all hell broke loose!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Glad you and the rest of the yetti clan are OK.

So all the perp had was a piece of paper for a weapon?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Glad you and the rest of the yetti clan are OK.

So all the perp had was a piece of paper for a weapon?

To the PIT!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I always knew that there was a reason I never wanted to move to Planet Hillbilly, now I remember why.

Apr 30, 2007
I totally fell for it! As usual! :)

I was hesitant to believe for a second, when Pred was speaking of his Predalisciousness (I'm sorry Fergie)...but...got all excited over the dead guy part.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Moparman1539 said:
lol... wow, and i though you were serious until i kept reading.

Could have fooled me..

Eventually you'll learn never to believe anything Pred types here. He has, what is known in medical circles as, a "wacky imagination." :nener:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
That was lame and not even a hint of being a good April fool's joke you mammoth. It's not possible because you live in a cave and there are no streets or apartments around you.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
a454elk said:
It's not possible because you live in a cave and there are no streets or apartments around you.
He's been watching too much CSI,..... :nod:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I got here late but still, all I could think was the dude was better off dead in the front yard than inside with Pred.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I knew it was BS cause there is NO WAY a criminal type would run onto Pred's lawn. If he did, it wasn't the officer's bullet that killed him, he would have just dropped dead on the spot. Pred is related to Chuck Norris you know. :nod:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Reesknight said:
I knew it was BS cause there is NO WAY a criminal type would run onto Pred's lawn. If he did, it wasn't the officer's bullet that killed him, he would have just dropped dead on the spot. Pred is related to Chuck Norris you know. :nod:
I'll go one further. I believe that they are the same person. Have you ever seen Pred and Chuck in the same room together? :think:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Hey Pred.

I didn't know the shack even had a front lawn. :whoa:

Jeeze, you guys are so easy. :rotfl:

Top Bottom