sandbags

May 2, 2002
My mom always wants to know if anyone has any feedback before she will spring for new parts for my YZ250F. I need new sprockets and chain and was considering Sidewinder's Ti-Moly rear, steel front and a Ti-Moly chain because they are supposed to give extra long wear. Wondering if anyone has experience or comments on these or other brands and metal composition.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
snake oil, side winder last no longer than any other sprockets I've used maybe thats why they use a snake head as thier logo? :) You want steel sprockets get JT's but they are gonna add like 2 lbs to the bike.

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
Sidewinder ->Just a marketing scam....

Stick with Sunstar or Sprocket Spec. if you're looking for steel sprocket. I've had good luck with the DID ERT chain for MX Thumpers.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Rocky Mountain is selling some new Aluminum grooved sprockets in their latest catalog that should do the same job and they are like $29.99. Titax is the name of the sprocket. The fronts are $7.99, I just got the catalog yesterday. The Sidewinders are good sprockets but so are MANY others at a MUCH MUCH MUCH lower prices. I have also heard that the Primary Drive sprockets (Steel) are good and cheap from Rocky Mountain. The Sidewinder rear is $69.99 and $29.99 for the front, at Sidewinder I think a lot of the price is for the name.

Last edited:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I get my sprockets and chains as a combo from motosportsoutlet.com they have talon gold aluminum front/rear with DID ERT chain for $130 and it be free shipping. I've overed from them many times without any problems great service.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
doh! I forgot to mention call them don't order threw the website its just better that way. That way its out of stock you'll know up front.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom