Jan 3, 2007
I just got my new Line Anthems and i am ready to ride. Cant wait till later on today. Who eles here skis, what kind of ridding and what kind of se-up.

I have Line Anthems Center mounted with Salomon S912 Ti and Salomon Verse SF boots.

colt45

~SPONSOR~
Sep 10, 2007
I ski and board ski's are Dynastar Carve, board is Loop (junk) 160 was supposed to go out today but wife wants to wait until my shoulder is better.

Jan 3, 2007
Just got back from a day of powder and park and i am impressed. This ski handles evey type of situation you throw at it. Was doing somw switch ridding, tail grabs, and 180s.

FFB, nice new avitar. Hope you like the new bike.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Burton snowboard. I need new skiis. I do both.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I've been skiing since I was 2 (now 22) but started snowboarding about 11 years ago. Just got my first day of the season in yesterday at whitewater ski resort (Nelson, BC), but my regular hill is Red Mountain (Rossland, BC). I also work part time for Big Red Cat Skiing as a weekend photographer.

Life is good out here. I ride my dirtbike all summer, snowboard all winter. :D

May 10, 2007
2 strokes for life said:
Same but with skis. I can board too but its the attitude that goes with it that makes me not want to be a boarder.

yea one of my friends who skiis and rides compared snowboarders to quad riders. needless to say i was angry at him. QUAD RIDERS!?!??

Apr 30, 2007
The what Popwar?

I've been snowboarding twice, and skiing once. Hard to get out on the slopes when they're so far away. Red River Valley is so flat you can watch your dog run away for three or four days...

I orded a very used Rossignal Roc 143cm on Sunday. If I go snowboarding with it twice, it will have paid for itself in saving the price of rentals :)

Jan 3, 2007
P0PWAR, i find it is easier to creat situations that lead towards spinne injuries quite easily. I much rather ski in any condition while on a board i would rather ride powder or park only and only if the snow is soft and dry.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
The only reason I snowboard is for powder. Everywhere else I'd prefer skis, but the feeling of snowboarding in powder is probably the best feeling in the world. Well, almost the best.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I ski and board.

I have a Burton Balance 157? and boots that came from the dawn of snowboarding that I have modified with HDPE stiffeners cut from laundry soap pails. (true)

Skiis- K2 El Camino 198 with Marker and Lange boots. (yep, its old but I can cut it up)

Thinking of breaking out the Ol' K2 KVC 204's with the Lange (orange crush) this year. Ahhhh those were the days before short skiis destroyed bumps.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
yea one of my friends who skiis and rides compared snowboarders to quad riders. needless to say i was angry at him. QUAD RIDERS!?!??

haha.. i said the same thing to my friend who rides, when I told him what I thought.

I think both are cool, just in my mind and personal experience ski's are more versatile and easier to go bigger on then boards, kinda the same way I feel about quads.

explain it at all???

Not trying to start a war here, just my opinion. I know there are lots of boarders that do some awesome stuff, just like there are quad riders too.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I *was* a expert/extreme skier. I didnt start boarding until post 40. I really like boarding, laying down deep grooves, but I think it is much easier / less technical than skiing.....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom