WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Okiewan said:
Doesn't take any more time than going to Cooperland... we'd just have to spend more time on the road.
Those of us in Illinois, Wisconson, Michigan, New Jersey and other states east of the Mississippi have made the trek for 4 years now, we know about road trips. :ahhh:

Say YES to Michigan!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We WILL be there...we HAVE to...Dutch is like 45min away...NO EXCUSES...look out all of us "Michigan Mafia" riders will be there to invade!! :nod:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Boy, this has the makings of something VERY sticky!

have another DW east, and the west can't come, have it west, and the east can't come. sounds like we need THREE more okies to make it work!

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
gnarlykaw, I'm not so sure that that is true as long as it stays in the mid section of the country. If it were held on one or the other coasts, it certainly would have an impact. But people have been coming from all over the country and Canada for the last six years. It is the dedication to drn and what it stands for that will cause a guy and his family to drive half way across the country (like PK, Elk, Chili, junkjeeps, Lori, Gomer, Old Guy, et al) to experience something really unique. Pokie and I are over 900 miles away from Cooperland, but it never has been an issue. We wouldnt miss it for anything. We have made so many new friends thru this adventure and that means so much to us. I believe it means the same to all who attend.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
While I really love riding Cooperland, I'm up to go anywhere. regardless of where it is, I'll try to go.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Is Michigan part of the U.S.?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
motometal said:
mom, I know it's a long ways, but are you sure it's 900+?
Hey! She can get away with a little miscalculation, if I recall it's 725 n a straight shot, but going by crispy's place first then down I55 - I44, it's nearly 900.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
a454elk said:
Is Michigan part of the U.S.?

The lower part is...dunno about the U.P. though. They talk funny eh? :nener:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
it's 2,200ish for me, and I'm not complaning :)

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
motometal, yes I am sure. However, we do go a bit out of the way to hook up with Chris and Jim in Crystal Lake. Mapquest says this route is 900 miles. We always seem to do more than that.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
mom is cool.

since we are throwing out ideas, there is a park near the Millville, MN national track. This is separate ownership, has a large camping area and a decent track. Also a smaller mini type track with jumps, and a couple hills to climb. Not much for trails that I know of, or maybe I just didn't see them. We might be able to hook up with the national track (Spring Creek) and trails and have that area open as well (there is a nice hilly trail area hooked into Spring Creek). My hunch is that the owner of the smaller park would be great to work with, but owner of the National track would want a big wad of cash to do anything. So, what is the name of this place I am talking about? uhhh, that I can't remember, i'll find out though. Too far North??

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
motometal said:
mom is cool.

Mom is WAY cool!!! Remember, if mom ain't happy, ain't no one happy! :)

motometal said:
Too far North??

MSP is 14 hours north of DFW. Where is Millville from there? I might have to make a two week trip out of it and go to the BWCA as well.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
oldguy said:
hEY hOTPANTS oKIE IS DISSING YOU :nener:

gotta love cap lock :nener:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Millvile is about 45 minutes south of twin cities
There is also a track at Arkansaw Wis http://www.arkansawmx.com/ that has a great track and miles of trails up and down some very steep bluffs that if it wasn't to far away could be negotiated for a dirtweek. The track manager isa pretty good friend
This is fast becoming Erics favorite district 16 track due to great layout and dirt

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Bottom line; if there are not atleast 3 miles of marked/markable trail that's fairly challenging, the place won't work. We'd REALLY like 6 or more miles.

Large enough open/single space pit area to handle up to 400 with campers.. for a week. This is NOT the same as a place that can handle 400 on a single race day.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I have no idea what Millville has for off road versus mx but obviously the pit area is plenty large enough and the track incredible. I didn't suggest either as I can't imagine geographically they would work for a majority Dave. I sure wouldn't complain about those as choices though :laugh:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Okiewan said:
Bottom line; if there are not atleast 3 miles of marked/markable trail that's fairly challenging, the place won't work. We'd REALLY like 6 or more miles.

Large enough open/single space pit area to handle up to 400 with campers.. for a week. This is NOT the same as a place that can handle 400 on a single race day.

I can think of 3 places on the East Coast that can do that but I do think it should stay in the middle of the nation.

Ivan

Top Bottom