Solid bar mount cones on 98KX250?

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
I'm considering the use of solid bar mount cones on my 98 KX250. The stock rubber ones and a second set of Neoprene units from Scott's performance have been weak at best. After a few falls, they became distorted and the bars would no longer line up correctly. Would I notice the change to solid mount cones in terms of vibration absorption? Does the rubber make a difference here? I'm open to suggestions here. Please advise. Also, anyone know where to get the solid units? Thanks in advance.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
It might just be me, but when I put thm in the 500 I didn't notice any more vibration. Just a more solid feel to the frontend.

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
Thanks for the responses. Marcus, may I assume that the CR cones will fit my KX? Do you have a suggestion for torque?

Thanks again.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Im not sure the cr ones fit-if you ring a honda dealer and give them your dimensions i bet they would see if the cr ones are the same-service honda would be a good choice to try.As for torque i would use the one in the KX manual.Hows that for a totally non-commital responce:)

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I had problems with my stock CR rubber cones twisting in crashes, but my new triple clamps are solid-mount and I can't tell any difference in vibration.

Top Bottom