FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Maybe RC heard Stewart's comments after the first moto this season and decided to put an exclamation point on the dominance. I know a few of you didn't catch it, but Bubba said that he thought it would be harder to beat RC, since RC hadn't raced in 2 months.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Ricky is so lucky to have had somebody like Stewart to race against. Without JBS, we would never have known just how fast RC could go. Stewart has helped RC define his greatness and his legacy. It's not bad for Stewart, either. No, he'll never get the chance to prove that he can decisively beat Ricky, but his battles with RC have been titanic. They've lifted Bubba's reputation as well. And when RC leaves, James will garner his share of titles -- lots and lots of them, I'd guess. He may not ever be the greatest, but he will probably break most of the other records (not Jeremy's 72).

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
FruDaddy said:
Maybe RC heard Stewart's comments after the first moto this season and decided to put an exclamation point on the dominance. I know a few of you didn't catch it, but Bubba said that he thought it would be harder to beat RC, since RC hadn't raced in 2 months.
No I didn't catch that! Wasn't too bright for JBS to tug on Superman's cape!

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Okiewan said:
Positive? Who does JBS HAVE to beat to win the title? Remember a couple years ago when RC did the same thing with Reed? What did he lose to Reed, 6 in a row? Who knows, maybe JS can't (suddenly) run with RC, or, he's actually smart enough to avoid hanging it out and risking the title for no reason other than ego? Just a thought.

I don't think so. . . James acted desperate in the 1st moto at High Point when Ricky was catching him and immediately after being passed. Ricky was jumping the huge double at the top of the hill and James wasn't - then James started. Ricky was doing the triple/triple and James wasn't, then James started to.

Why bother and take the risk if you don't really want to beat RC? James was KILLING everyone else by 30+ seconds.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
robwbright said:
Why bother and take the risk if you don't really want to beat RC? James was KILLING everyone else by 30+ seconds.
We won't be seeing much of James' riding skills once RC is finished. We'll be seeing battles for 2,3, and 4th way behind him.

I love the helicopter camera. It really gives you an idea of just how fast these guys can go. RC is like a bullet from that view. Beautiful!

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Sandjunky said:
We won't be seeing much of James' riding skills once RC is finished. We'll be seeing battles for 2,3, and 4th way behind him.

I love the helicopter camera. It really gives you an idea of just how fast these guys can go. RC is like a bullet from that view. Beautiful!

I also like the heli camera, it does give a real perspective on the race.

Pred here is one for you.

:nener: RC Is still the man! :nener:

Top Bottom