kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i have an 01 kawasaki kdx 200 and i bought some new plugs for it. the dealer gave the plugs with the number 9 on them are these the right ones. i fouled alot of plugs at wot could this be the culprit.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
No. the culprit is the bike has too large a main jet.
Take yours off and bring it to the dealer and ask for the next two leaner ones. Try each one and see which one makes it feel like its running the cleanest and gives the most power. Also you can know if its too rich by the amount of spooge thats coming out the silencer. You should produce very little spooge. (black gooey crap)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Your dealer is a boob.

But then, asking for the correct plug in the first place would have resolved the problem before it happened.

J-who is correct, the oem spec plug for your bike is a BR8ES. If your bike has not been jetted properly (meaning changed from the 48-160-R11 mess that it came with) you're going to have quite a few problems with the oem plug, let alone a one-step colder one.

At the very least, run the spec'd plug. Preferably a fine-wire iteration of the same heat range..say a BR8EG. Jet your bike correctly via the scillion (or so)threads on this board that have information about that.

Or..(again) at the very least.....

Go to the site you bookmarked with the link on the post stuck to the top of this board (every kdx rider should read...) and read what CDave says about jetting related to the modification level of your bike.

Your bike will run much better. You will no longer foul plugs at all. Changing your plug may well turn into an annual 'tune-up' event.

Take those #9s back. Trade 'em in for BR8EGs. Tell the dealer, 'Thanks...boob!'

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
A #9 plug is recommended for my bike.
The 3mm longer tie rods worked out real well. I'm going to keep them as is although if I was a woods rider I'd keep the stock setup. The bike is a lot less twitchy and prone to swapping ends on the MX track than before and it still turns well.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i already discovered that the guy before me didnt put the right main jet on it i put a 155 in instead of the 160 and it runs good right now but i just need to see if he changed the other jets which i supposed he didnt.what is a good pilot size to start at and a needle.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Go to the site you bookmarked with the link on the post stuck to the top of this board (every kdx rider should read...) and read what CDave says about jetting related to the modification level of your bike.

Does it really matter how many times it is said?

It is not homage that needs to be paid..it's not a prerequisite (or good idea) for no reason. The thread was referred to because the answer to your question(s) is/are there!!

Noone (not me, anyway) is giving you grief. When there is a question asked, and resources are supplied to answer your questions..and you just ask summore..what do you expect?

Go Albert! ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom