teamtnt#308

Aug 1, 2003
alright, heres the downlow..im 15 years old and i just got a dirtbike 2 months ago..i have yet to race it, but i have experience w/ racing..i raced go-carts when i was 7, raced quads when i was 13 and now ive come to dirtbikes..ive ridden all the tracks im going to race w/ my quad and feel comfortable riding them w/ my dirtbike..i need help getting sponsors becuz this is a really expensive hobby...my family isnt poor and we have a lot of money, but we dont wanna spend all of it on my bike..if anybody could give me advice on how to ask for sponsorship money or where i could get sponsors plz write back..it would be appriciated..thanx

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Spend a few seasons putting together some good finishes then you MIGHT be on level with some of the others that have EARNED sponsorships.

You can't get something for nothing. Right now, you have nothing to offer. Looks like you might actually have to pay some dues like most everyone else...

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
You could start by discontinuing the usage of "here's the downlow'. A sponsor is going to want someone who can represent them in a somewhat professional manor. Just because you're 15 doesn't mean you need to act like it all of the time. So you're looking for someone to pay for your hobby? That's what all of the sponsors want to hear. :silly: As Okie said, you need to PROVE that you want to WORK with the sponsors, not just get their money. Show them that you can make sure their names are going to be visible on a regular basis. They want to know they are getting their what they pay for. If you just started riding dirt bikes now, you have a few years before you can really even consider making proposals to companies. In the meantime, you'd better get used to paying for your hobby, like most of the rest of us do. :cool:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by dirty~d~
You could start by discontinuing the usage of "here's the downlow'. A sponsor is going to want someone who can represent them in a somewhat professional manor. Just because you're 15 doesn't mean you need to act like it all of the time.

That's some straight shootin' ~d~. :thumb:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I think Okie and D covered it already. If you don't like their answers then go to your local shops and inquire about sponsors. I am sure they'll have much better answers than we here on the boards will. Ok then??

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by teamtnt#308
but isnt there any way that i could get some minor sponsors b4 i get the major ones?

Read this again:

Spend a few seasons putting together some good finishes then you MIGHT be on level with some of the others that have EARNED sponsorships.

You can't get something for nothing.

put together the finishes, something you can show, then go talk to the local shops.  Work your way up.  It ain't gonna happen right away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom